Is it possible to check which side of the Cabin the bed will be on the Explorer.?

We are currently looking at Balcony Cabins on Deck 8 and 9 on the Marella Explorer.

Due to a disability we need the bed to be on the left hand side of the cabin as you walk in through the main door. We are looking at Cabins on the PORT side of the ship.

Can anyone recommend a cabin on these decks please? We are looking for a quiet location.

Tricky one!. I reckon the bed is most likely to be on the same side as the bathroom so there is more direct access to the balcony. In this is true you need a bathroom on the left. I think the bathrooms are usually adjacent in pairs of cabins. what you need is a DEFINITIVE list of which cabins have left hand bathrooms

Thanks Kamloops 50

I thought there would be an easy way of finding out but maybe not !

I need to find someone who has already sailed, or a Crew member who knows the ship well.

Thank you for your reply Davecttr.

I thought this would be quite easy to sort out but its proving to be a real problem.

We have contacted Tui and they have promised to find out for us.

I guess as the ship has been refurbished and is quite new to Tui not many people have sailed on it yet.

Perhaps I should have worded my question a different way and asked if anyone who had already sailed and stayed on the Port side of deck 9 could remember if their bathroom and bed were on the left hand side of the cabin.

Thank you for your reply Davecttr.

I thought this would be quite easy to sort out but its proving to be a real problem.

We have contacted Tui and they have promised to find out for us.

I guess as the ship has been refurbished and is quite new to Tui not many people have sailed on it yet.

Perhaps I should have worded my question a different way and asked if anyone who had already sailed and stayed on the Port side of deck 9 could remember if their bathroom and bed were on the left hand side of the cabin.

Is it a balcony cabin or a large balcony cabin you are interested in? Only deck 9? mostly large balconies on that deck.

I visit a on line Explorer forum elsewhere, I could ask there

Hi Davecttr

I am getting really fed up. We have spoken to Customer Service and someone promised to get back to us but never did !!! My husband has rung several people who tell us emails have been sent etc etc but we are getting nowhere. In sheer frustration we have now just chosen cabin 9047 and just hope the bed is on the left hand side. I think I might put another message on here to see if anyone has stayed in this cabin. Thanks for your kind offer of help. It is much appreciated.

Very difficult question to answer unless you get some one to have a look for you. You could try a roll call for the ship and ask someone who is about to go to ask aboard for you.

Have a look at the link below. This was from when the ship was MV Galaxy. You have to scroll down to find the cabin type you need, and while it doesn't specifically show what side of the cabin the bed is on it does give you an idea of the cabin layout, which may prove useful. Also in some rooms the bed may be near the balcony and the seat nearer the door.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Celebrity-Galaxy

Edited by tjt87
update

Hi Tjt87 & davecttr.

It is sorted at last ! We rang Tui again and isn't it typical the cabin we had booked was the wrong way round !!!

We have now rebooked a different cabin. Its an odd request I know but I have a slight disability which affects my right arm and my balance and I find it easier if I can get to the bathroom without trailing around the side of the bed. Many thanks for your help on here and thanks also to Ellie and the other nice young man who helped us at Customer Services this morning.