Cruise Cancellation or Name Change

CrtnyGbs

Hello, I need some information. My best friend booked a cruise on the Carnival Freedom leaving out of Miami on Dec. 1st. Him and his partner just broke up and now he doesn't know what to do about the cruise. He has already paid the full price of the cruise and for the airplane tickets. Do you know if he still has time to cancel or how much would it be to change the name if he want to take someone else. Thank you for all of your help.

Courtney

Penalties on this sailing start on 09/17. Meaning he has until Sunday to cancel his cruise if that is what he wants to do.

Name changes can be done any time up to 60 days prior to sailing without a fee. After that, if he wants to do a name change, there would be a $50 fee for that.

Hope this helps.

I think your friend should go and take someone else:)

I will be available that week and it will be my Birthday so that work out perfect.

(always looking for a free cruise:D )

Seriously, he should go and have a great time, but he may want to check to see if the airline tickets are transferable, if he is planning on taking someone else.

At this point, he could cancel the cruise or change the name of the second passenger. Neither option would cost him anything, until the penalty phase kicks in, which someone mentioned was Sunday 9/17.

The airline tickets are another matter. You cannot change names on an airline ticket. The travel date can be changed, for a fee, but that's it. I would say that they are out the cost of the airline ticket, but maybe they can work out something with the ex to pay something towards it and the ex could use it at a later date.

$50 name change up to the minute you board the ship. You can even make a name change at the pier! I just had to do this in August, because me and my significant other broke up 2 weeks before the cruise. Very simple and bringing my girlfriend was the best decision I have ever made! The best cruise yet!

Archived