Koningsdam ???

Lyndihop

Hi Cruising-along. We just booked a FC while on the Maasdam recently for next Oct. 2018 and have reserved an obstructed veranda. Can you tell me anything about them. We have been on the Noordam where the lifeboats can be readily be seen, but this is different. Since the cruise is port intensive and is crossing the Atlantic there really will not be a lot to see, I just wanted a veranda to relax on. Congratulations on your next great cruise, would really love to take that one too.

Hi Cruising-along. We just booked a FC while on the Maasdam recently for next Oct. 2018 and have reserved an obstructed veranda. Can you tell me anything about them. We have been on the Noordam where the lifeboats can be readily be seen, but this is different. Since the cruise is port intensive and is crossing the Atlantic there really will not be a lot to see, I just wanted a veranda to relax on. Congratulations on your next great cruise, would really love to take that one too.

Hi Borden! That looks like a fabulous cruise!

Unfortunately I can't help you, nobody in our party had one of the obstructed veranda cabins. We were all on the Beethoven deck. I do agree with you that just having the veranda to relax on is the important thing for that cruise. Maybe someone will come along who has experience with those cabins.

Thanks, we're quite excited about the VOV and having fun planning. :)

We had 4154, one of the "double verandas" because of the crew stairwell between cabins. We loved the cabin.

I have that cabin booked for the January 3rd Cruise... They said I could get upgraded.. Do you have any photos of the verandah or the room? Would love to see the view before i answer them

We are on the verge of booking a 24 day cruise for next year. I'm concerned that the member rating for this ship is on 61%. That seems pretty low for a almost new ship.

We've not ever said HAL.

As far as I know no Hal ship has ever been below a rating of 85, those were at one time the Veendam and Amsterdam, I am doing the K'dam during New Year's, and I am not a fan of big moguls, but I think this will be a good experience, I would book your cruise without hesitation.. If you want to follow a live blog, go to http://amazingvoyages2.blogspot.com/, by Jeff Farschman, he's spending 2 months on her before going to the Amsterdam for a worldcruise and he loves the ship...

I have that cabin booked for the January 3rd Cruise... They said I could get upgraded.. Do you have any photos of the verandah or the room? Would love to see the view before i answer them

Unless you want a suite for the extra cabin room (the balcony for 4154 is as large or larger than the suites') I wouldn't upgrade.

I just tried to upload some pics of the balcony (sorry don't have any of the cabin) but CC won't accept them. :( I would be happy to email them to you though. cmuller dash 06 @ comcast dot net. :)