Halloween in Cuba

Firstin87

Hi,

My husband and I are considering going to Cuba next fall (Oct. to Nov.) and are trying to decide what week would be best. We'd do a 4 day cruise on NCL Sun (it will be our 5th or 6th NCL cruise) that runs each week from Mon. to Fri. The week of Oct. 29-Nov. 2 puts us in Cuba on Oct. 31, Halloween. Does anyone know if and to what extent Cuba celebrates Halloween? I'm wondering if Havana will be more crowded that day, are there parades or anything that will make it harder to get around the city, will it just be a gigantic block party (like Mardi Gras in New Orleans) or will it pretty much be a day like any other?

Thanks for the help!

Cyndy

Firstin87

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much. We booked our Cuba trip for Oct. 29 to Nov. 2, 2018. Since you were just there, can you tell me what the weather was like? We're from California and I'm always curious about how humid it is on the "Atlantic side".

Hope you aren't having a hard time recovering from the trip. Returning to real life is such a letdown after a cruise!

I just returned from Cuba and was there on Halloween. There was no evidence of any celebrations ashore though the ship did put up some decorations [and had a table full of candy outside the dining room] so if you are traveling there on a cruise you may have some onboard activities. I'm not 100% certain but I believe Halloween is more of an Anglo-sphere holiday.

Thank you. I feel better about booking during Halloween week. Hope you enjoyed your cruise. I assume you went on NCL's Sky. We're going on the Sun.

We did indeed go on the Sky. Havana is such a wonderful city and I'm itching to go back! Enjoy your cruise there. You may fall in love as I did!