First Cruise

Streydog

Just booked my 1st cruise and it is a solo. It is a 5 night out of Galveston on 2/27. I booked the lowest rate possible, guaranteed inside room. My last vacation I woke up in the back of my truck with a racoon sitting on my tailgate next to my feet, I can handle a bad cabin.

Just booked my 1st cruise and it is a solo. It is a 5 night out of Galveston on 2/27. I booked the lowest rate possible, guaranteed inside room. My last vacation I woke up in the back of my truck with a racoon sitting on my tailgate next to my feet, I can handle a bad cabin.

Streydog, You shouldn't find any racoons aboard ship so you should be good to go. Hope you have a great trip. Happy sailing.

Just came home last Sunday from my first cruise, one that I took solo. I posted my review this morning, but it has not been approved yet by the cruisecritic.com staff. So, I also posted it in the 'Braving, Pathetic, Lonely solo trips' thread at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1455493&page=9

It's a long review, so please be patient:o

I enjoyed reading your review- I was considering taking a cruise out of Baltimore perhaps when I could have it coincide with Phils/O's at Camden Yards.

Were there other solo passengers on the ship? (outside of the singles/solos get togethers)

I was considering perhaps this year going on the Norwegian Star to Bermuda if there was a last minute deal, but would like to try Carnival at some point

I like your username - Strey Dog- The documentary I made about my trip is actually called "Stray Dog's Guide To The Rough Seas"

I enjoyed reading your review- I was considering taking a cruise out of Baltimore perhaps when I could have it coincide with Phils/O's at Camden Yards.

Were there other solo passengers on the ship? (outside of the singles/solos get togethers)

It is hard to tell if someone is solo or just sitting alone, while their cabinmates are somewhere else; that is, unless you ask them directly. And I never spked with anyone that said they were solo. Many asked me, and of course I told them I was solo, and most thought that was interesting and asked me about it. I was happy to discuss it with them, and it often was a conversation starter. I found most wanted to get to know be better after hearing I was cruising-solo:)

Archived