Can I do this with ES

BMurph1998

Ok, I need your expert advice on this. I booked ES rates and today I see where they are offering an "Early Saver Fall & Winter" promotion on same cabins. The price is the same but they are offering $50. on board credit and 50% reduced deposit. Of course deposit is paid but I was wondering can I get the $50. on board credit??

Thanks for all the wonderful advice ya'll give freely on here!!!

My cruise now has the same offer-went on carnivals website but can't figure out what I send to get credit

Type in Early SAver protection form in the search engiene at the top of carnivals page...fill out that paper

So for example our base rate is $1078 will they approve a price drop if it's more than $1028 and then we lose the 50? Or will they have us stay at the $1078 because it's not actually a price drop? Most of the time I feel like I understand ES but other times it just flummoxes me! :D

So for example our base rate is $1078 will they approve a price drop if it's more than $1028 and then we lose the 50? Or will they have us stay at the $1078 because it's not actually a price drop? Most of the time I feel like I understand ES but other times it just flummoxes me! :D

They will ask if you want to keep the obc or the price drop. :)

They will ask if you want to keep the obc or the price drop. :)

Even if you used the form online and not made a phone call?

So far my experience has been that they do what is best for us. Once my form for a drop was in and another one happened before it was approved and they just applied the extra without me sending in another form.

Honestly, I may already have received our answer but it's a little complicated. Our cruise on the Legend was cancelled due to the dry dock date being changed. We were ES on the Legend and I told her to keep us ES so she booked us under the sale. I immediately put in for a price drop not realizing she had booked us under the sale. I got the standard form letter and then a new booking confirmation soon after with the same price as what I had just received from the PVP. I know, confusing! But, that may have been from the price match, so I just need to be a little patient for a few days to see if I get anything else.

If you made to here.....Thanks!

Ok, I need your expert advice on this. I booked ES rates and today I see where they are offering an "Early Saver Fall & Winter" promotion on same cabins. The price is the same but they are offering $50. on board credit and 50% reduced deposit. Of course deposit is paid but I was wondering can I get the $50. on board credit??

Thanks for all the wonderful advice ya'll give freely on here!!!

Yes, you can do it. If you booked online or with a PVP, submit the ES form and be specific with your request or call directly. If you booked through a TA, you will need to contact him/her and they will submit on your behalf.

Just know that if your fare should fall again and you opt to price match; you will lose the $50 if the rate you're matching to does not have an OBC promotion.

Happy sailing!!!!

OK - I already sent the form in through Carnival. Now I just read I should have requested this through my PVP - do I need to contact PVP or just wait for email from Carnival.

It doesn't matter how you submit it. Either directly or through your PVP.

Even if you used the form online and not made a phone call?

So far my experience has been that they do what is best for us. Once my form for a drop was in and another one happened before it was approved and they just applied the extra without me sending in another form.

Honestly, I may already have received our answer but it's a little complicated. Our cruise on the Legend was cancelled due to the dry dock date being changed. We were ES on the Legend and I told her to keep us ES so she booked us under the sale. I immediately put in for a price drop not realizing she had booked us under the sale. I got the standard form letter and then a new booking confirmation soon after with the same price as what I had just received from the PVP. I know, confusing! But, that may have been from the price match, so I just need to be a little patient for a few days to see if I get anything else.

If you made to here.....Thanks!

Yes, I've gotten an email back confirming my request if it changes my obc...

Carnival just denied my credit - stating our category was sold out. This is what the website offered:

"Choose your stateroom, get price protection and 50% reduced deposit. Plus, get up to $50 onboard credit per stateroom when you sail between Sep. 1, 2013 and Feb. 28, 2014."

As I read this they are offering the onboard credit as long as you sail between those dates - am I missing something?

Archived