"Our Cruise Has Been Cancelled"

Yes that what my hubby woke me and announced at 12.20am. He stood beside the bed and whispered " I've got some bad news that you won't like". I braced myself wondering "who had passed away".

He went on to explain that, he was reading emails and found one saying " As we have not received payment for this reservation, it has automatically cancelled."

I crawled out of bed, staggered to the spare room and the computer, opened the emails and realised I had booked twice in my frenzy to grab a bargain.

The first one didn't complete (or so I thought) so I started the process again. Fortunately I did finalise the second booking and paid the account (had to pay in full as only 2 months till departure) .

Hoping all is OK and waiting for an email from the Online TA.

Technology and me are not the best of friends

Yes that what my hubby woke me and announced at 12.20am. He stood beside the bed and whispered " I've got some bad news that you won't like". I braced myself wondering "who had passed away".

He went on to explain that, he was reading emails and found one saying " As we have not received payment for this reservation, it has automatically cancelled."

I crawled out of bed, staggered to the spare room and the computer, opened the emails and realised I had booked twice in my frenzy to grab a bargain.

The first one didn't complete (or so I thought) so I started the process again. Fortunately I did finalise the second booking and paid the account (had to pay in full as only 2 months till departure) .

Hoping all is OK and waiting for an email from the Online TA.

Technology and me are not the best of friends

What a scare, hopefully it will be all sorted out for you soon.:D

Sounds like it will be ok.

You booked two paid for one they cancelled the other, the booking numbers are the secret to setting your mind to rest.

Just about bet the one they cancelled isn't the one you paid for.

Though I should say I was expecting it to be about a whole cruise being cancelled.

Got a scare the other day when I got an email headed

"urgent information for booking number xyz123"

Turned out to just be about the 1.1% on credit card payments, as the cruise hadn't been selling too good my first thought was a change in itinerary ir something.

Though I should say I was expecting it to be about a whole cruise being cancelled.

Turned out to just be about the 1.1% on credit card payments, as the cruise hadn't been selling too good my first thought was a change in itinerary ir something.

Received a similar one from Princess this week. First thought was... itinerary change. They just send the whole confirmation/contract and you are expected to know what it's all about. I compared it to a previous confirmation to find out what was different.

Received a similar one from Princess this week. First thought was... itinerary change. They just send the whole confirmation/contract and you are expected to know what it's all about. I compared it to a previous confirmation to find out what was different.

Yep could have been done better.

Maybe just an email about the 1.1% or an explanatory note.

That can be real annoying, and also, like every time you need to check every detail to make sure it is still right.

It scared the hell out of me too when I received it...