Santorini - Wineries and Oia

2stonesthrow

We are traveling on HAL in June and will be in Santorini until 6pm. Just my husband and myself. We would love to do some wineries, lunch, and Oia. Too much? Would you recommend a car rental or a custom tour? I'm seeing winery tours but they don't include time in Oia. Advice from you guys in the know is appreciated! Thx!

Santorini is such a beautiful place but can be tough when a number of ships are in port. What we have done on prior trips is to take a tour offered from the ship (we have one booked on HAL this year) which will get you off of the ship in a tender for your tour. Tenders can be a bit trying when so many people want to get off. Have you checked your date for Santorini to see how many ships will be in port? I would start with that first.

We went with Iliana from Santorini Wine Trails. We visited two wineries and had a great lunch at one of them. We also spent time in Oia as well as visiting a black sand beach and Faros Lighthouse. We emailed Iliana ahead of time and told her what we wanted to do and she came up with a plan for us. Santorini is beautiful. Oia and Fira get very crowded so it was great to spend time in both places but also seeing the island of Santorini.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We met her in Fira after we exited the chair lift. She dropped us back off in Fira at the end of the day. we had some time to walk around a little then head down to the ship. Our husbands stood in line for the lift and my sister and I (55+) walked down. I loved Santorini and don't think I would have enjoyed it if I just stayed in Fira or Oia. It was a great day.