RSVP Eurodam 2/21/2009

MattInFLL

We have literally just gotten home - and can't wait for next year!

RSVP Eastern Caribbean 2009 on the new Eurodam. 2/21 - 2/28/09

Grand Turk, San Juan, St. John, Half Moon Cay.

Come join us!

Matt and Ralph

We have literally just gotten home - and can't wait for next year!

RSVP Eastern Caribbean 2009 on the new Eurodam. 2/21 - 2/28/09

Grand Turk, San Juan, St. John, Half Moon Cay.

Come join us!

Matt and Ralph

We have just returned home from the Zuiderdam cruise as well. Already can't wait for Eurodam. We will be there!!!

Jim & Terry

All -

I'm not usually the half who does our posting but it's so difficult to say goodbye to everyone and return to the "real" world. Such a community of kindered spirits, I have never known. See you all on the Eurodam and until then love and luck!

Ken & Kip

Thank you Jim and Terry for being so wonderful during the cruise! We will see you before next year I am sure :)

You guys are such a pleasure to be with and can talk about most everything. We really enjoyed your company and we'll definitely get together sooner rather than later.

Jim & Terry

All -

I'm not usually the half who does our posting but it's so difficult to say goodbye to everyone and return to the "real" world. Such a community of kindered spirits, I have never known. See you all on the Eurodam and until then love and luck!

Ken & Kip

Hey Guys,

It is hard to say goodbye. The good times always go faster then the bad. It was a pleasure to meet you and thanks again for your Anniversary/Party gift. See you on the Eurodam thread.

Jim & Terry

Hey Peter and Richard. I thought you were staying in Lauderdale tonight(unless you're on a laptop). It was nice to meet you both and look forward to seeing you on Eurodam.

Jim & Terry

Hey Peter and Richard. I thought you were staying in Lauderdale tonight(unless you're on a laptop). It was nice to meet you both and look forward to seeing you on Eurodam.

Jim & Terry

We are still in Ft. Lauderdale, staying with a friend. We return to cold reality Sunday.

You guys threw a great party! Thanks.

We are still in Ft. Lauderdale, staying with a friend. We return to cold reality Sunday.

You guys threw a great party! Thanks.

It was our pleasure. Enjoy your evening.

Jim & Terry

I noticed a couple diiferences on the last cruise that may or may not be the influence of Rich Campbell. One was "Clothing Optional Deck" sign, indicating it was okay to sunbathe nude on Deck 11 Forward. The other was that some of the Women's Restrooms were signed "Unisex" Restrooms. Read into this whatever you want.

Next year, some Cruisers may be upset by the layout of the new Eurodam. It essentially removes the infamous Deck 11. I've never been up there at night, but what I hear...

There are some minor changes that RSVP has made that Atlantis does. They leave a card in your cabin for each themed party . They are now using the same lighting guy that Atlantis employes. Their cancellation policy has changed and resembles Atlantis's policy. Small changes...

Jim & Terry

Just had dinner with Mark Silver that was on your cruise....along with a bunch of his friends that were also on your cruise. They told me they had a ball! I hope tomorrows cruise on the Millenium is great as well.

Mark has suggested we do a cabin share on the Eurodam next year so I will be seeing you guys if all goes as planned.

Again welcome back.

Tom aka Bertha.

Did they sell out this year's big ship cruise? I am surprised that they are planning big ship cruises for 2009 (someone said they are also planning a Mexican Riveria cruise). I thought Atlantis might reposition RSVP as a small ship alternative to distinsigh RSVP from Atlantis. It seems that they really got in trouble competing with Atlantis in 2007 with big ship cruises that were too similar to Atlantis.

Just had dinner with Mark Silver that was on your cruise....along with a bunch of his friends that were also on your cruise. They told me they had a ball! I hope tomorrows cruise on the Millenium is great as well.

Mark has suggested we do a cabin share on the Eurodam next year so I will be seeing you guys if all goes as planned.

Again welcome back.

Tom aka Bertha.

Hey Tom,

We were thinking of you on the ship. Mark is a real nice guy. You should make good cabin mates. Look forward to seeing you next time. Enjoy your cruise. This guy we were speaking with on a tour is joining you tommorrow as well.

Jim & Terry

Again welcome back.

Tom aka Bertha.

You never called..... :(

Hope your trip is almost as great as ours was! :p

Tom - we want to see you next year!

Leatherglenn - they are offering this cruise and the mex riviera, as well as two riverboat cruises... the cruise that sunk them last year was the Queen Mary 2. Plus they booked the Caribbean Princess which is a 3000+ passenger vessel over a ship like Zuiderdam which is 1800. So still a big ship, but a lot smaller than 3000. Eurodam is not much over 2000.

So many people repeat this Caribbean cruise every year, I think it's a no brainer for them. Peter heard that they had already sold close to 30% of the ship while we were on board.

Glenn and Mike - I think there still might be a sun deck above all that that is not showing on the deck plans.

I am still thinking about the Eurodam cruise next year. Basically I would love to go again but first I need to sort out a travel companion. My roommate was not terribly succesful. Fortunately I found a great buddy with whom I could stay most of the time.

But I don't want to go for blind date roommates again and single rate is a bit too steep for me right now.

Needless to say despite the roommate issue, I had an absolute fabulous time on the Zuiderdam :)

Reint

:cool: welcome all to the new board. still buzzing from the cruise, but wanted to say hello and thanks to all.

jim and terry, thanks again for your most generous hospitality and kindness. and look for an email invite to our home for dinner very soon. we're in fort lauderdale as i know my huzbear john told you. we'll do it soon.

i'm going to try NOT to look at this board every day, as i will surely go mad with a year to go............LOL.......

in the meantime, we need to book something between now and then.......

any suggestions, boys?.......

david

Did they sell out this year's big ship cruise? I am surprised that they are planning big ship cruises for 2009 (someone said they are also planning a Mexican Riveria cruise). I thought Atlantis might reposition RSVP as a small ship alternative to distinsigh RSVP from Atlantis. It seems that they really got in trouble competing with Atlantis in 2007 with big ship cruises that were too similar to Atlantis.

RSVP looks like it will do just fine now that they have adopted Atlantis' cancellation policy. By booking on the ship, you got a discount and still have 150 days to cancel without any penalty, of course we booked again while having the most fabulous time. Planet Out made some poor decisions after acquiring RSVP. When I was on the Panama Cruise and they announced the upcoming blockbuster, big and better schedule for 2007, I did not book on board because, the discount, although probably the same, wasn't that great because I would've forfeited my deposit if it turned out that I couldn't make it.

Afterward, some very poor decisions on discounting cabins at 2 for 1 prices, left some early bookers feeling ripped off and hesitant to book again until discounts were announced.

I really don't what they meant when they said that Atlantis & RSVP would cater to 2 distinct type of cruisers because those who have sailed on both said there was little diffence in the clientele. RSVP may have had a slightly higher average age is all that I ever heard.

RSVP personnel said that the differences in the 2 products will play out, so they don't really know yet what direction things are going.

That being said, from my perspective, the last cruise seemed to have a greater number of lesbians, europeans and bears. It was a very diverse group of people, which I for one think is GREAT. Suzanne Westenhoeffer has been on the last 2 RSVP cruises I've been on and she will attract more lesbians. Country Line Dancing everyday attracts more of the bear community and poor value of the dollar makes cruises more attractive to Europeans. I think having a more diverse group of people can give you confidience to be more of a participant than merely an on-looker.

Glenn

You folks are fast... especially with setting up a thread already for next year. I had a great time this year although I was a bit under the weather. I didn't win the $13,100 bingo jackpot (damn) but definitely had fun playing (hell, I did win $225 during the first round -- so I can't complain).

I won't be joining ya'll next year. I need to take a year off and try different stuff... plus, my friends and I have been promising our one friend that we will take him to Hawaii for his 30th bday... so, unless there is a gay RSVP cruise to Hawaii next winter.... which I know there isn't. Why not???

In case anyone was wondering... I DID wear a sarong... but under my pants. OK. I lied. I didn't wear one AT ALL... hehe... I WON! But, I did go to the underwear party... SOBERLY!!! I think I had maybe 5 drinks the entire trip.... if it wasn't for charging 4 games of bingo, my total bill would have been about $30. Crazy, huh?

And to the critics I did get to meet during the Tulum excursion, thanks for amusing me on the bus trip back as that total, um, oddball tried everything in his power to "seduce" me... some folks just can't take a hint of no interest, hmmm??? And I was serious about the 'Gypsy' night here in NYC... just let me know!!!!!

Enjoy posting gang... I'll let someone else do #1000 next year!

Bri

Gary and I arrived back in DC about 2:30 today. We had a great dinner with my parents last night in Miami (Tuscan Steak in SoBe).

Then we decided at 10pm to go to Bill's and Georgie's (since we had a car). Bill's was dead compared to the pre-party for RSVP last Friday!! We just drank some WATER and came back to the hotel to get some sleep!

I would love to list everyone out but you know who you are----- we miss ALL of you so much! We had another fantastic week and we are looking forward to the Eurodam 2009! Our friends Dave and Ricky also booked with us on board. They are also hooked!!

Eurodam 2009 here we come!!!

P.S. Can someone confirm if it's St. John, USVI or St. John, Antigua--- I heard both and we have been to USVI many, many times and never to Antigua! Thank you! :)

I noticed a couple diiferences on the last cruise that may or may not be the influence of Rich Campbell. One was "Clothing Optional Deck" sign, indicating it was okay to sunbathe nude on Deck 11 Forward.

Well, I don't think it was RSVP/Atlantis that made it happen. ;) I asked Nick about a possible c/o deck and he told me that it would be up to the captain and that he had not heard anything about it.

I was the first one to catch some sun on the Observation deck that first day at sea but wasn't brave enough to be the first one to lose the bathing suit. Soon a European couple showed up an one immediately went nude. I followed his lead and in time more joined us on the new clothing optional deck. Later in the afternoon when I was over there it seemed that the Observation deck had had a lot of visitors that day since the pile of used towels was huge. I did not see a clothing optional sign that first day.

Next year, some Cruisers may be upset by the layout of the new Eurodam. It essentially removes the infamous Deck 11. I've never been up there at night, but what I hear...

That would be a bummer. But I am sure we will find some place to sun our buns. :D

Added: I just checked the Zuiderdam deck plans and it does not show Deck 11/Observation deck either, so I am sure there will be deck area above the Crow's Nest on the Eurodam too.

Archived