Somebody tell me a nice cruise story!!!

Schplinky

On the Atlantis Liberty cruise in January, at the White Party, I wanted both hands free so I could concentrate on getting good pictures. So I came up with a brilliant (at the time) plan... instead of just nursing drinks, how convenient would it be to just do shots. Tequila. You know that shirt -- 1 tequila, 2 tequila, 3 tequila, FLOOR? It's correct. I stumbled back to my room and into bed, and while leaning over the bed attempting to hurl in the garbage... I fell THUD on the floor. I woke up with a drinking injury from banging my nose on the nightstand.

The next day, we packed our stuff. Our room steward delivered our liquor purchases from St Thomas, and we wrapped the bottles in plastic bags for additional padding. I packed all of our dirty clothes and put the bags in the hallway for pickup.

Knowing how frenzied the departure morning is, I always pack my carry-on before bed. I was putting up my laptop when I realized it was still cable-locked to the foot of the bed. Then I realized that the key was in my shorts... which were packed in the bags that had already been picked up. LOL. We panicked for a while before I realized I could disassemble the bed and free my laptop.

We got home late the next night, and as I unpacked and inspected our liquor bottles, I noticed one bottle was wet and stinky. I thought it had cracked during the flight home, but it turns out my partner had accidentally used one of my puke bags to wrap it. It was so funny and yet so gross.

My lessons - cable-lock keys stay in the safe, and no tequila shots!

BTW - We got about 6 inches of snow this past week, which is incredible for Texas in March!

Hey!

Well, in leui of a cruise story how about I tell you Vegas weather is FABULOUS right now!:) I have been laying by the pool, gardening and sunning all week! Right now it's 70 degrees and sunny. This weekend is supposed to get chilly (50's) but then warming up again.

Maybe we can meet for cocktails while you're here? I'm off work so my schedule is totally open. Always love meeting other cruisers.

Nathan

Sorry, I've just cabin fever. We've had over 80cm of snow (that's about 32 inches) of snow this week. Spring is coming, right?

How's this? I say I proposed to my honey on board the Millenium on the way to South America two years ago. He says I told him. Which ever, it was over breakfast in our cabin. And we got married two years ago this March 23. His birthday too.

I had waited for a few weeks for him to ask, he didn't and the day after MY birthday, Jan 5, I brought up the subject.

We got married in a beautiful 14th century farm house in England. Great day. Family from both sides and friends.

If he'd said no, ONE of us was going over board. :eek:

Bryan and hubby Roger :D

I have to add... I think the funniest part of my story was getting the laptop through security. You should have seen the expressions when I pulled it out of my backpack and placed it in the x-ray bin... complete with cable lock still attached. I thought for sure they'd peg me for extra screening. And then using it at the Admirals Club before departure was a riot. I had to wrap the cable around a table leg to make it look like I was securing it on purpose.

Bryan and Roger... congratulations on your upcoming 2-year anniversary, and an early happy birthday to your partner. My partner and I celebrated 10 years on February 1st, but unfortunately I can't talk him into marrying me or even having a commitment ceremony. We were married the day I moved my computer to his apartment, he says (LOL). And what's the point, we live in Texas. Hard to argue with that.

And 2DesertGuys: we like to party! See you on Serenade in October!

Bryan and Roger... congratulations on your upcoming 2-year anniversary, and an early happy birthday to your partner. My partner and I celebrated 10 years on February 1st, but unfortunately I can't talk him into marrying me or even having a commitment ceremony. We were married the day I moved my computer to his apartment, he says (LOL). And what's the point, we live in Texas. Hard to argue with that.

Hi there, thanks. Congrats on your ten years. We live in NY and the UK. We got married here in the UK where it is legal. I'm from NY and Roger is the Brit. We've been together 15 years this year.

Cruising became our passion and hobby 5 years ago. Now we can't wait to get on a ship. And it is wonderful to be able to spend time alone. No distractions. Very romantic.

I wanted the legal stufff since I was in a foreign country, otherwise, neither of us was big on the marriage thing. And the presents of course, but that is MY reason. HA

Bryan and Roger :D

Hi there, thanks. Congrats on your ten years. We live in NY and the UK. We got married here in the UK where it is legal. I'm from NY and Roger is the Brit. We've been together 15 years this year.

Cruising became our passion and hobby 5 years ago. Now we can't wait to get on a ship. And it is wonderful to be able to spend time alone. No distractions. Very romantic.

I wanted the legal stufff since I was in a foreign country, otherwise, neither of us was big on the marriage thing. And the presents of course, but that is MY reason. HA

Bryan and Roger :D

The courts in NY ruled that marriages performed elsewhere must be recognized by the state.

Hey!

Well, in leui of a cruise story how about I tell you Vegas weather is FABULOUS right now!:) I have been laying by the pool, gardening and sunning all week! Right now it's 70 degrees and sunny. This weekend is supposed to get chilly (50's) but then warming up again.

Maybe we can meet for cocktails while you're here? I'm off work so my schedule is totally open. Always love meeting other cruisers.

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Can you shoot me an email via our mac account? You can get there by clickign on our web site link and then clicking contact us. We'd love to meet up but are trying to figure out when. We're traveling with a friend but maybe Thursday night would work.

How's this? I say I proposed to my honey on board the Millenium on the way to South America two years ago. He says I told him. Which ever, it was over breakfast in our cabin. And we got married two years ago this March 23. His birthday too.

I had waited for a few weeks for him to ask, he didn't and the day after MY birthday, Jan 5, I brought up the subject.

We got married in a beautiful 14th century farm house in England. Great day. Family from both sides and friends.

If he'd said no, ONE of us was going over board. :eek:

Bryan and hubby Roger :D

Congratulations!

Boyfriend and I had planned our first Atlantis cruise for January 2006 and then, unfortunately, broke up that November. We went on the cruise anyway. During the first part of the cruise we were very "couple-y" and found ourselves growing closer again. We even did the Rathula Spa thing together (where you go into a private room and scrub each other down, put clay on each other and enjoy a steam and a shower together, in private). One night at dinner one of the people at our table asked us if we were a couple or just friends. We looked at each other and smiled and I replied "Well, right now we're just friends as we broke up a few months ago, but I suspect that's going to change by the end of the crusie." My boyfriend replied "Hmmm... well that's up to you." Well we wound up having a very romantic evening together, including back in the room later on :rolleyes:

We've been together ever since and enjoyed our last two cruises as our "new Anniversary" (being only a couple weeks from our original Anniversary). January 2009 will be our 5th Anniversary.

As a plus, the day in South Beach we spent after that first cruise, we bumped into the couple that asked us about our relationship and spent some time with them. They have since become friends and on the January 2007 cruise, we all spent a few days in Ft. Lauderdale before the cruise.

So I have a special place in my heart for cruising and Atlantis as it brought me and my baby back together and we've been so much happier ever since.

Schplinky, I sent you an email but haven't heard back from you yet. Let me know if you didn't get it. You should be here Wednesday I guess. I'm free to meet anytime, we have a HRC cocktail social Thursday 6-8pm but free other than that! Love to meet you. I just booked Mom & myself on an NCL Star repo 4 day on 4/24 LA-Vancouver...need a cruise fix!:)

Michael, what a nice story, and congratulations on heading to five years! (they say year two is the hardest! ...and not in a good way!:eek: )

Lee, we're not taking a Spring cruise this year, so while the temps have warmed up to the 60's and 70's, I could use a 'cruise fantasy' too...Ed woke up this morning and said he'd had a dream that we were on a land trip, and I sent him back to S.F. on his own on a cruise ship..."NOT BLOODY LIKELY" was my reaction.:D

Hope the weather warms up for you soon.

Andrew

Heh. If one of isn't dreaming about being on another cruise, the other one is. Then there are cruise line commercials to bring them to mind... some of our favorite songs from the t-dances... it doesn't take much to remind us that we'd rather be cruising.

Lee, what TA are you doing? Lots of friends just signed up for the Equinox in Nov. I don't have my CV of cruising on here, but I've done more than a dozen crossings, and it's my favorite type of vacation! We plan on being house-poor in 2009 if we can scrape enough together for a second home...but Ed admitted that we might be able to squeeze in last minute stuff. That mostly restricts us to Alaska and West Coast cruises...but who knows? (fingers crossed)

Oh, and, Lee and Michael, if one of us is not in cruising mode, the other is...just takes one Cunard brochure, or one Celebrity promo, and we start looking at ways to cruise!:D

Hey Andrew,

We're thinking Independence of the Seas or one of the two Solstice class ships, if we fall in love with Solstice next February, coming westward in the fall of 2009. I actually did remember you have done so mnay TAs and was going to ask you about them more once we book. I know you're not usually an RCL cruiser but the fares on their TAs drop to $400-600 in those last few weeks, for the 2 week cruise. We think Independence might be a good bet because the interior promenade would be a good meeting spot if the weather turns foul. Mostly, though, we were looking for one that is more than a week (which ruled out Cunard) that leaves from England. I've never been and have been fascinated since I was 12.

I have to say, I'm in love with the idea of a number of 25-hour days!

C'mon along! Already 600 posts on the roll call, and we know about 30 of the folks booked from other crusies...and, with the state of the US $, in Canadian dollars, they should be paying you these days!:D

How nicely naughty! I would be thrilled if I were Ed.

That's one of the three we're focused on, now. It would be great to meet you; I've always enjoyed your posts.

• 1 year later...

My partner and I have waited 35 years for this moment ( not by choice mind you) we wil be civil partnered, what a word ? if thats how one will be known as? in Scotland in Sept. Not prepared to wait until the Austrian gov. decides what category to shift us towards. 40 friends and family from across the globe will attend, THE HONEYMOON ,obviously ,wait for it, is 11nights on the Equinox in Nov. we are taking three dear friends with us, one to share our stateroom as a chaperone (how romantic is that)?

My gf and I went on our first cruise in 2001, little did I know that had planned to propose to me. She had the ring in her camera bag and carried it as her carry on and was terrified that she would be stopped and searched. When we finally got on board, she switched bags and decided to shower and I decided to unpack. I unpacked everything and then as i was putting a backpack away I thought the bag was heavy and open the pocket which contained the ring. I saw the box and just thought it was jewelry and opened the box. I was so shocked that i shut the box and shoved it back in the bag. Then i thought we had someone elses bag until i realized my clothes were in the bag. When she got out of the shower, i told her what happened and he both had a good cry and then laughed. We decided that we would wait and she could suprise me later. The cruise turned out to be an awesome vacation for the two of us and has made for a good story.

Archived