How do I get to the .com site

Im in the UK, and Im redirected to the rcl.co.uk site whenever I try to get to rcl.com.

Im C&A member, but never booked thru the US site, which Id like to do now.

Ive tried a proxy server, but it doesn't work well.....never get to see $$ prices.

Im in the UK, and Im redirected to the rcl.co.uk site whenever I try to get to rcl.com.

Im C&A member, but never booked thru the US site, which Id like to do now.

Ive tried a proxy server, but it doesn't work well.....never get to see $$ prices.

All I have done in the past is at the top of the home page is just click on change country

To get to the full end prices and book in US Dollars you need a "Virtual Private Network" or VPN, this hides your "Internet Provider" or IP address and location in the world.

I have the same problem in Australia but even if you find the US price to be much cheaper than the UK price for an "apples for apples" cruise you will still end up paying UK prices! Its a Wrought:mad: I booked a cruise that was shown in US dollars and when I paid the deposit the cruise showed up as $800pp in AU Dollars more than what I booked!

I sent loads of emails to RCI with return correspondence informing me I must pay in Australian Dollars and Australian higher prices are due to possible currency fluctuations and then in the end they had the audacity to charge me conversion fees from Australian dollars to US Dollars:confused:

Supply and demand! We will never get USA prices and discounts because we are less population with less competition so RCI exploits this!

At least Carnival USA hasn't jumped on the bandwagon!

Edited by fishtaco

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, on the right side there is a link to International Websites. Just Change your Country.

It doesnt quite work like that! it switches back to your home country prices once it realises your IP location.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Tunnelbear was useless, but thanks anyway. Already deleted it.

There is no CHANGE COUNTRY on the homepage

Tunnelbear was useless for me as well I deleted it months ago!

But even if you do use a VPN it wont proses a payment so as stated if you see the USA price you will still need to use a US travel agent!

You are better off checking prices with US online Travel agents in the first place:)

It doesnt quite work like that! it switches back to your home country prices once it realises your IP location.

Well it works for me, without using a VPN or "in private browsing". I can Switch to any national Website.

When opening the Website it directs me to my home Country, but from there I just switch countries as I wish.

I always look for pricing on the RCI Website before contacting my US TA.

The RCI site is designed that at the point of final booking it checks your IP address and switches you to that country's site. You can try "change country" but at the very end it will switch you back.

As said earlier you need a Virtual Private Network VPN - which assigns you an IP address based on where the VPN is located.

I use a VPN called "Private Internet Access". It's not free - costs about $40 a year and it allows me to choose the USA or any of a number of other countries. Download it - install it - launch it and surf.

I then log on to the .com site and get the prices. Then I call a US travel agent and book through them at the US price. That also means that I get any offers that the TA has - such as pre-paid gratuities or onboard credit.

Edited by Wilde_37

Thanks. Unfortunately it redirects to .co.uk again, with no ability to change country. Same on an inprivate browsing window.

You also need to log out and delete your cookies. I have done that to get to the US site from Aus

TanInAus

You also need to log out and delete your cookies. I have done that to get to the US site from Aus

TanInAus

Ive used Inprivate in IE and on Chrome, which ignores cookies. They have some pretty strong geo-locating gravy going on.

I then log on to the .com site and get the prices. Then I call a US travel agent and book through them at the US price. That also means that I get any offers that the TA has - such as pre-paid gratuities or onboard credit.

Which is fine. When browsing, the RCI site is more accurate in terms of availability than TA sites.

Once I see whats there, and at what cost, I can then choose who to book with.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Tunnelbear was useless, but thanks anyway. Already deleted it.

There is no CHANGE COUNTRY on the homepage

just had a look at the UK site and your right there is no option to change country? also the UK prices seem bit over the top , hope something works out for you.