Need help with New Years 2019 ideas after a cruise ending in Singapore

juanarcin

I am doing a cruise with RC that starts/ends in Singapore for the week of Christmas. After that we plan on spending about another week in Asia. It is our first time in Asia (other than Turkey).

Since that week is the week of New Years, we imagine (and hope) that there might be some fun festivities going on in many locations on this side of the world. We would like to fly somewhere reasonable (less than 4 hour flight perhaps?) to spend a week and celebrate New Years. Any ideas?

Actually I would be happy to just stay in Singapore for New Years. If I was going to the trouble and expense I would make my way to Shanghai (although it's my personal favorite Asia city) New Years eve on the Bund !!!!

Edited by Ashland

We had New Year in Singapore years ago, it was pleasant and safe, but kind of quiet really. If you’re looking for a party you might want to look further. We do really like Singapore though, and now we are fairly ancient we would certainly stay in Singapore for New Years again, booking dinner somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums