Balmoral- Best Cabins?

jocap

We've recently returned from our first Fred O cruise, on Balmoral... it was good, especially the food, which was the best we've had on a main line cruise.

The cabin was OK- I'd say satisfactory- but not quite to our liking- obstructed outside; fixed twin beds, shower over the bath. Quite spacious, though, and lots of storage.

We'd like to go again next year, as Newcastle is so convenient, but would upgrade to a better cabin. Is there one with a stand-in shower, double bed and some kind of seating arrangement? Do the suites come with a butler?- not sure I'd like to be butlered... :o...

Which cabins has anyone tried on Balmoral which would suit?

Thanks in advance. :)

Hi Jo

We tried the A cabins, superior I think they are called, on Balmoral. They were huge, had a double bed, loads of storage but the shower was over the bath. 8007 we were in, right at the front, and it was classed as obstructed view as there was a piece of the ship's metal work across the top of the window but we loved it. Balmoral has the largest ocean view cabins out of the fleet.

I am glad your enjoyed your first venture re with Fred and we may meet on your next voyage. We are doing Captains in Cadiz in September next year so we have a while to wait, but that one is going from Newcastle on Balmoral.

All the best x

Thanks- yes, Tiggertom, I'd like to meet up with you again... we're looking at the Icelandic trip next summer.

We'll look at the A cabins, and the junior suite sounds about right... we coped with climbing over the bath, but I wouldn't be too happy if the sea was rough...just stay mucky, then!

Sorry- didn't notice what sort of dancing it was, but it did seem to be happening quite a lot near the back of the ship.

• 4 weeks later...

We've booked 8015- just 2 cabins away from Tiggertom's suggestion- double bed.. still a shower over the bath, but we coped last time, so it will do. The TA rang through to Fred, and thought this would suit us.

Sorry, TT- we're on the Icelandic one next summer. x

We've booked 8015- just 2 cabins away from Tiggertom's suggestion- double bed.. still a shower over the bath, but we coped last time, so it will do. The TA rang through to Fred, and thought this would suit us.

Sorry, TT- we're on the Icelandic one next summer. x

I am sure you will love the cabin, plenty of room and a sofa and a table to have your breakfast if you can’t be bothered getting dressed;) Have a great trip x

Oh, a sofa and a table- that's luxury for us... we're sociable people, but we do love to spend an hour or so in the cabin on sea days, doing puzzles/games with a cup of tea at hand. I'm not interested in the real luxury lines, but you've made my day with that info! x :D