Diving in Grand Turk and St Thomas

Thanks for the info. Since I am cruising out of NYC i would like to bring my own gear. Now granted I am the only one to be diving, but could you recommend a dive operator that could POSSIBILY help me out. I would love to dive both places. I have never dived in either place. I would gladly go with the cruise excursion but would love to do an independent. My problem is I would need transportation to and from. So if you could point me in the right direction would be great. I would take ptions in GT and ST thomas

Thanks for the info. Since I am cruising out of NYC i would like to bring my own gear. Now granted I am the only one to be diving, but could you recommend a dive operator that could POSSIBILY help me out. I would love to dive both places. I have never dived in either place. I would gladly go with the cruise excursion but would love to do an independent. My problem is I would need transportation to and from. So if you could point me in the right direction would be great. I would take ptions in GT and ST thomas

Just went last week on Royal. Did our own dive in St Thomas with Admiralty. They are great. They meet you at end of pier in their boat. Drop back at same place. We did not bring equipment, used theirs, it was new and clean. Very good operation.

Have a great trip.

In Grand Turk, we used Blue Water Divers. We took a cab (which are plentiful outside the cruise center) to the dive shop (I think it was 11.00 for the three of us). Did a two tank dive. The wall was awesome. Got the recommendations for Blue Water Divers right here CC.

rxmurphy

Thanks for the info but here is a question how much was everything? Was it a two tank dive. That's what I am looking to do. Also does the price you pay include dive gear? thanks

We did a 2-tank dive, using their equipment (we brought our own masks and computers, used their BC, reg, fins) was $109 each. More info can be found on their website here http://www.admiraltydive.com/rates.html

Have a great time.

Haven't been to GT yet, but in St Thomas, we have always used Blue Island Divers. They will pick you and bring you back to the dock. They have a nice covered boat and only take up to 8 divers, I think. We have always took our own gear. It's a little of a pain, but we like using our own gear. We will let you know about GT after Oct.:)

Edited by scuabacruiser

• 5 years later...

Hi fellow divers! I am looking for an experienced dive buddy (I have 77 dives-Advanced Cert.) to dive with Blue Water in Grand Turk for 2 tanks rather than the cruise excursion. Any body interested who would have my back? I'd have yours!

Thanks,

307-389-0945

Lots of posts here of people have dove in GT and St Thomas, me included.

GT went with Blue Waters. There are 3 dive ops on the same street there.

In St. Thomas, we went to the Coki Beach, dove with Coke Beach Dive Club, the owner Pete has a small boat that he'll take you to 2-tank dives.

These are all guided dives, you don't need to find a dive buddy beforehand. You can rent gears from all of them.

• 2 weeks later...