Oosterdam Neptune Suite worth full price?

2stonesthrow

Much as I love our NS, $5000. more seems excessive. We always just book on board. We don’t do long cruises though. We like to have the nicest we can afford so we’ll probably keep booking them...until we can’t

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

$5000 is a lot of money, on top of what you've already spent for the balcony cabin. It's equivalent to airfare for my Husband & myself to the US.

I'm not one to go for an upsell. If HAL upgrades me for free, I'll take it, but I am certainly not going to pay for anything more than I have already paid. I book the category I can and will be happy in and don't think of it again until I board the cruise. I don't need a balcony, but I do need an unobstructed window. That's my preference. A balcony is nice, but I will not get enough use out of it to make the additional cost worth it.

Ask yourself will you $5000 worth of enjoyment out of the "better" cabin? I so, then the money is worth it for you. If not, it's not. Only you can answer that, though your comments in the original post make me think that it's not going to be worth it you. But that's just my opinion. Others will have differing opinions.