Welcome aboard pkg & luggage tags.

kate1970

First cruise in 20 years. Can anyone tell me how far in advance we should be expecting to get our welcome aboard package and luggage tags? And this is probably stupid to ask but are the luggage tags just so the bags get to the right room or is there some other purpose. I keep seeing a post about "purchasing luggage tags" so I wasn't sure what was up with that?

I posted this under general cruise questions but it was suggested that I post here.

Luggage tags have your cabin number on them. From our roll call people I would say that you can expect the welcome package about a month before you sail. We booked fairly last minute so we did not get a welcome package. Once you have paid and filled out your online check-in you can print your edocs.

Happy Cruising!

I've also been told that you can print out luggage tags online too (from your NCL account), but I've never had to because they've always sent them.

IF by chance you don't get/do either, they always have some there at the port you can fill out and use. No worries. :)

I have been kind of confused about this too - I printed out our e-docs (which BTW look kind of strange with the bar code on a separate sheet...) and there is a place to print the luggage tags. I printed them but they don't seem too sturdy as they are printed on regular paper. Maybe when I get them folded as per the instructions...anyway, we are at about 40 days now and wondering if I can expect the welcome package and more luggage tags?

If you don't get them in time you can always print out the tags and use clear wide tape to cover them front and back. I then looped them around the handles and stapled at the ends. I did that on my first cruise when I didnt receive them. I liked having them on my bags before I got to port.

I have been kind of confused about this too - I printed out our e-docs (which BTW look kind of strange with the bar code on a separate sheet...) and there is a place to print the luggage tags. I printed them but they don't seem too sturdy as they are printed on regular paper. Maybe when I get them folded as per the instructions...anyway, we are at about 40 days now and wondering if I can expect the welcome package and more luggage tags?

We just cut out the tags that were printed , filled in the info , name , Addy , etc. and had them laminated. Bought a cheap tiny stapler and we'll staple these to our luggage before we board. I did this because we leave this Sat. and didn't get our "welcome pkg." till last week and our E-docs have been available since Aug.

cheers...the Ump...:D

Yes you will get your docs and tags in the mail as well.

As others have said, you can log into your account on NCL and print out the tags along with your E-Docs in case you don't think they will arrive and to be prepared ahead of time. There are also usually some "coupons" that have a small link on the left side when you are printing stuff off.

My reason to reply is that usually we got ours a few weeks before we left, but our last trip in August they came (via our TA) within like the last 7-10 days before trip. We've used that TA before on NCL and they used to come about a month prior. Not sure if NCL sent to TA late or TA sent to us late.

Archived