Silhouette - Christmas & New Years - Dining and Drinks

Simmonds87

I will be on the Silhouette for this Christmas and New Years, It's our first cruise for 2 of us and first over the Holiday period for the others - Just wondering what to expect?

Will there be any special meals or parties? Christmas (at port) and New Years (at sea)?

Should we pre-book a speciality restaurant for Christmas evening or New Years? or does the MDR put something special on?

We are thinking of adding the 4 restaurant package (it's been mentioned here before), but cannot see that on the 'planning site' ?

However I've noticed Murano are offering a Holiday menu for £42 and a 6 course New years for £75 - Does that mean we wouldn't be able to get a package with discount?

Also while i'm here... when we booked we were offered a 'free' Classic drinks package which we took them up on, I cant see it mentioned on our booking on the website? is it usually mentioned somewhere? (It's on our email reservation) but they are also offering the classic package to buy? Hopefully it will sort itself out, but does anybody know if we can upgrade it to a premium package? Is it worth doing before the cruise?

Thanks - sorry for the long message!

I will be on the Silhouette for this Christmas and New Years, It's our first cruise for 2 of us and first over the Holiday period for the others - Just wondering what to expect?

Will there be any special meals or parties? Christmas (at port) and New Years (at sea)?

Should we pre-book a speciality restaurant for Christmas evening or New Years? or does the MDR put something special on?

We are thinking of adding the 4 restaurant package (it's been mentioned here before), but cannot see that on the 'planning site' ?

However I've noticed Murano are offering a Holiday menu for £42 and a 6 course New years for £75 - Does that mean we wouldn't be able to get a package with discount?

Also while i'm here... when we booked we were offered a 'free' Classic drinks package which we took them up on, I cant see it mentioned on our booking on the website? is it usually mentioned somewhere? (It's on our email reservation) but they are also offering the classic package to buy? Hopefully it will sort itself out, but does anybody know if we can upgrade it to a premium package? Is it worth doing before the cruise?

Thanks - sorry for the long message!

We've never cruised over Christmas but I have seen reviews that mention Santa arriving and Christmas Caroling. We've been on board twice for New Year and NYE was a formal night, now evening chic, with parties through out the ship, the main party was on the pool deck and they passed out glasses of sparkling wine just before midnight. They did have special menus.

On our sailings you had to book a specialty on line very early because they were selling a limited number of pre bookings. I don't remember Murano's offering a special meal. They also did not offer the dining packages and no discounts at the restaurants because they were fully booked.

The beverage packages do not show on line. You can upgrade for US $10 + 18% gratuity per person per day. You can upgrade before your cruise on once on board. The offer to buy the classic package is just Celebrity's web site/ e-mail system. If you log into your reservation to buy the premium package it should show you the upgrade price.

Enjoy your first cruise.

I just returned from the NYE Cruise also on the SIlhouette. For NYE there was a party, there was free “champagne” and for the kids Ginger Ale. NYE was the first evening chic night, people dressed up, food in the MDR was above average. On embarkation day (Dec 31), sommeliers offered three types of real Champagne to purchase.

We were on a NYE Celebrity cruise 2 years ago and it was great. It was a "formal" night and everyone dressed well, special menu MDR, party favors on the table. NYE party on pool deck with music and countdown, free champagne and the captain positioned the ship off the coast of Barbados so we could watch their fireworks. All in all, a great time.

You don't need to bother upgrading beverage package prior. It will be the same cost on board. BTW, whoever sells you the upgrade on board gets some type of extra compensation, so it's nice to give it to someone that will serve you throughout the cruise.

We were on the Silhouette this past Christmas.

They did not offer any multi night dining packages...they don't need to discount if they can sell at full price. They did offer a buy a premium drink alcohol package, get a premium nonalcoholic package for free. They also offer an All inclusive drink package for $125 per day that included everything in the premium package PLUS free mini bar refilled daily, just about all of the drink events, including the Bendique wine, and MacCallan tastings. I really am not sure if you could upgrade your included Classic Package to either of these promotions.

There was a Caroling event one night and Santa was available for photos and delivered presents to kids 1 to 13 from 8:45 to 11:45am Christmas morning. There was several kids programs, including cookie decorating.

• 3 months later...

We’ve taken 3 Christmas and New Year sailings on three different X ships. Various activities are available, including an appearance from Santa. You can wait until you are onboard to see if you need to upgrade to the premium package as you may find the Classic is sufficient for your needs.