Rendevous - Day Pass

Quinn

• 2 months later...
Has anyone done a day pass at Rendevous recently? My DH and I had done a day pass at Sandals Grande several years ago and thought we'd try this resort. Any recent visitors?

Hey Quinn, what did you decide? My mother and I want to try this out in a month.

Hey Quinn, what did you decide? My mother and I want to try this out in a month.

We have booked the day pass - I'm hoping that it will be as good as everyone has said!!:)

My husband and I just did the day pass there a week ago. The taxi ride for just two of us was $15. They must not have a set amount to this place since someone above said they only paid $8 so maybe price is negotiable. It is only about a 5-10 min. drive from the port. We absolutely loved the resort. Was not very crowded. Beach is beautiful although we spent most of the day sitting in the pool at the bar. Loved being able to relax in the water while drinking. You can't use their water sports. Buffet lunch was really good. Overall it was a very relaxing day. I would love to go back there and actually stay on the resort sometime.

JUst got back from our trip and did a day pass here. It was fantastic! We asked for our reservation time to be 10 -4 and we were able to go for those hours. The resort is beautiful.It is fun well and kept very clean. Everyone who worked there was so helpful and polite.The lunch buffet was very good and there was a good variety of alcohol available.We were able to use any non motorized water sport stuff. We took our kids out on a little sailboat! There were kayaks and paddle boats. We found that their website doesn't show how beautiful the resort is. There's even more wonderful things going on there but I don't want to ruin anyone's experience when they walk into this resort! The $50.00 was worth it. Sandels was $110.00 a day and I can't imagine it could be any better than this place! We did Jolly Beach Resort in Antigua last year and enjoyed it alot but this place was 100% better!!

• 4 weeks later...

We just gor back two days ago and just had to add about our Day at Rendevous. IT was wonderful! We arranged to be there from 10 to 4pm. Personally I didn't care for the lunch, but would pay the $50 bucks again in a heartbeat.

We spent time on the neach, but eventually found our favorite spot was a little jewel of a pool near the spa area. Very quiet and lovely surrounded by tropical folliage and birds chirping.

By the way, I had a massage, $65.00 for 50 min - but she really gave me a solid hour. My masseuse was named Pernette and was AMAZING - I've had many many massages and I would have to say this ranked right up at the top - maybe only second to the four hands massages at the Krystal in Puerto Vallarta.

We are definately planning on going back to the Rendevous next time we go back.

Happy sailing everyone!

Tammy

Tammy, thanks for your review. We finally got a hold of them and was able to make reservations. That sure was a task. :) We will be there later this month.

What did you have for lunch and what did you not like about it? (If you don't mind sharing) Thanks.

Lunch is a buffet. They have a salad bar, a chef preparing a couple of types of steamed fish, soup, breads, desserts, and a lot of other dishes some main course and some side dishes. There was plenty to pick from but nothing so memorable that I can remember what I ate. They also serve wine at lunch. But let me tell you about the drinks......................kiss kiss, old pal, tropical twister, caribbean swizzle, I could go on and on.

rcprncs,

The only reason I mentioned the lunch - is that I think I had read in some old posts that you could pay $30.00pp and not have lunch (which I would try for in the future).

But for me, it was just wholy unapetizing - maybe it was the flies buzzing around. the lunch is served in an area enclosed on three sides so there is one wall open for the flies to come in. The day we went they had chef's preparing some sort of meat kind of like fajitas - then they would put whatever you wanted on it in a tortilla. I was able to eat one of those. DH also had some sort of sandwhich and I remember many different salads.

It just didn't impress me at all - but who knows - maybe it was just the jucy lucy's I had already been enjoying. They were very pleasant in that area offering wine with lunch and stuff.

But like I said, even if I had to pay $50pp again, I would do it in a heartbeat. Just a very lovely day, I was sad when it was time to leave, we were just way to happy and content in the quiet pool area.

Have a great time!

Tammy

• 1 month later...

We went to Rendezvous in April. Too bad it rained most of the day. It was a beautiful resort. We didn't get to sit on the beach but hung out by the pool. The bartenders were very nice and we found one that made a good BBC and other drinks. There was a female there that didn't make drinks good. The grounds are beautiful. It was overcast the whole day but we tried to enjoy ourselves otherwise. We had lunch there and the food was good. I don't eat seafood but had a panini sandwich made to order. The desserts were tasty too. The staff there are very nice! We were getting ready to leave and they had a game going on and my husband participated and won a bottle of champagne! It seems like a fun place and i would definitely go back. We would have enjoyed it more if the sun was out and we could have splashed around in the water. :)

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I bought the day pass to the Rendezvous on St. Lucia for Thursday, June 9th, because we had seen quite good reviews both here and on Trip Advisor and really weren't sure what else to do on St. Lucia. We were sailing on the Carnival Victory and had a day in St. Lucia. I couldn't wait to post our perspective here to give others some insight as to what to expect. I am 43, my husband 53, and we are from the Midwest. This resort was not at all what we expected. In fact it was our worst day by far of our entire cruise. I think it might depend on what you are looking for, but it was not for us - at all. If you want an extremely quiet, low-key day, maybe this is for you. But it was so quiet, we felt like we couldn't even hold a conversation with each other by the pool!! There was no music, hardly anyone talking, and the bartenders were not even friendly. We thought we would try the swim up bar. But the drinks were not frozen, (they barely had any ice cubes) and they all tasted more like soury fruit juices without much alcohol at all. The beach itself was a nice beach area and we decided to spend more time there so at least we could hear the sound of the waves!! The lunch buffet which was included in the price of the buffet, had very interesting choices. Lots of things we did not recognize or didn't know what they were....stews with different types of meats that we weren't sure what they were, etc. We were able to find some things that looked acceptable, but left right after lunch. All in all, we ended up laughing about our day there. It was just very boring, very quiet, very poor drinks, and odd food. Also, just a side note, the resort definitely appears to attract guests from the UK, more than the US. I think we were the only Americans there the day that we were there. Nothing wrong with that, just a perception. Our taxi driver told us that the Sandals resort caters more to Americans, and this one to the British guests.

I like that you gave an honest review of your day in St. Lucia. All the time on cruise critic people ask the question "what should I do when I visit ............" And I always wonder "what do you like to do?" You probably should have picked something more exciting for St. Lucia, like the zipline or an off road adventure tour. We have been to Rendezvous three times and will be going back. We love that you feel like whispering, we enjoy just laying under the palms on the beach without crowds of people, we loved the lush, landscaped grounds. We took an island tour to the Pitons on our first visit to St. Lucia, so now we have seen the island and are happy to visit Rendezvous when we return.

Right, not that it's a bad place, it just wasn't for us. And, not that we were expecting tons of activities, but at least some music and a little livelihood. I just wanted people to know that this is a VERY VERY quiet place. You have to really want that in order to enjoy it. The drinks on the other hand, in our opinion, were just not good. The one that we ended up getting at the bar near the buffet was a little better (at least there was ice), but the pool bar drinks were just poor.

• 1 month later...

Archived