reserving lounge chairs on the QE2

2dream4

When putting in a reservation for a lounge chair on the QE2, can one choose between the sun deck and the one deck,where the pool is I think!) , or can one only reserve on the sun deck?

Can you reserve before the cruise or do you wait until you embark? Thanks !

The only place you can reserve a chair is on the Sun Deck. All other decks are up for grabs.

On crossings, the weather is usually so cold no reservations for chairs are needed anyway, but since she is now sailing in warmer waters, it wouldn't be a bad idea. I think you reserve as soon as you board.

When I boarded QE2 in New York for the tandem crossing, I went straight up to Sun Deck to reserve chairs. All of the chairs in the sheltered area facing aft were already taken. Miguel, the deck steward, did reserve me chairs outside--which were fine-- but he told me that the taken ones had been procured in advance by E-mail.

Queen Mary

Queen Elizabeth

Mauretania

Caronia

Liberte

United States

Rotterdam

Nieuw Amsterdam

Iberia

Brasil

Santa Paula

Monterey

Lydia

Mykonos

Norway

QE2

Seabourn Spirit

During the recent Tandem Crossing there was no reserving of deck chairs on the QM2. I was quite disappointed, and there were no Cunard stewards coming around on the decks with hot broth for those braving the North Atlantic winds either!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"When we presently got under way and went poking down the broad Ohio, I became a new being and the subject of my own admiration. I was a traveler!"

Mark Twain

Sun Deck is currently being revamped. The picture I have seen show chairs and tables, dancing and informal dining in the new scheme.

Cunard might decide to discontionue reservations here as Sun Deck seems to be multipurpose area after the refit. We will have to wait and see.

Petty I quite liked Sun Deck as it was.

Best wishes, Stephen.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CunardShipQM2/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived