QE2 9 Night Med. Cruise / Onboard Currency, etc

rjms74

Please can anyone advise how many formal, informal & casual nights there would be on the above cruise in October on QE2 & if the onboard currency will be USD or GBP?

I also wonder if it is acceptable to tip in USD even if the onboard currency is Pounds Sterling? Finally what can I expect re the onboard entertainment programme, i.e. classical recitals, etc, does the Caribbean Band Opus still play in the Yacht Club? as I've only previously done a crossing & a short ex UK cruise on QE2?

Kind Rgs & Thanks

RJMS74

Tipping on QE2 is added to your bill, but if you want really excellent service, give your cabin attendant a small additional tip at the beginning of the cruise, not the end, with the understanding that there will be more for good service.

Ditto for waiter. It provides a lot of extra incentive to be attentive with even a $20 initial tip. More than worth it.

ANd I think they will be grateful for any currency.

David,

My travel agent has just confirmed that the onboard currency will be USD in October & that despite it stating in the Cunard brochure that it changes to GBP after the World Cruise 2004 they have decided to keep USD. Do you know what the breakdown will be re dress code for this trip?

Kind Rgs

RJMS74

Last month all the prices in the shops onboard were being changed to Sterling. It would not seem to make much sense having USD as she is sailing from Southampton exclusively. Maybe someone taking a cruise on QE2 soon can tell us.

David.

David,

Just a short note to say that the Cunard World Club have today confirmed that USD is now the onboard currency of QE2 & with my confirmation received today the gratuities are quoted in Dollars. With the favourable exchange rate of USD against the £ this is good news as far as I am concerned.

Kind Rgs

RJMS74

Archived