Walking Key West, How Far?

TidePride

It would be a nice walk but may take you a while depending on how many cruise ships are in that day. I would book the Old Town Trolley or the Conch Tour Train. It is quite reasonable. Plus you can hop on and hop off at different points. Very nice way to see Key West

i also want to do the photo op thing there but i'll only have a very short window of time to get there and back...thinking cab? ride down ...jump out take a pic...jump back in...and back to old town... doable?

i also want to do the photo op thing there but i'll only have a very short window of time to get there and back...thinking cab? ride down ...jump out take a pic...jump back in...and back to old town... doable?

There are always cabs sitting just in front of the Westin there at the pier so you'll have an easy time getting one. Only problem is that there might be a long wait at the Southernmost Buoy so you might not want to have to pay for a cab to wait for you.

The walk is a nice one along a tree-lined street. Even if there are several ships in at the same time, there aren't as many people on Whitehead as there are on Duval. It should only take you about 15 minutes to get there & then 15 back. But again, there might be a long line if you want to have your picture taken with you beside the buoy.

No professional photo takers there, but always someone in line with you that will gladly take your photo if you will agree to take theirs.

Enjoy Key West. I love it there. Been 7 years in a row & going again this May.

• 2 weeks later...

Cary, would you mind shooting me an email? smatheson@allwest.net

I just saw that you have been Key West 7 years in a row and would love some personalized input and advice for our family from someone so familiar with the area.

If anyone else has been to this port, or Nassau, or Castaway Cay a lot before, I would love your inputs as well!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm guessing it's easily marked how to get there. Am I right?

If you just walk down Whitehead Street it will dead end at the point.

It you are arriving on a cruise ship you will be give a map highlighting the attractions around town as you disembark.

Mike:)

Archived