Choosing epic room with 18month old.

Marshall123

Hi

Me and my girlfriend have sailed twice on independence and navigator.

Our first choice was independence again but having to pay full price for our child made NCL an easier choice as we want to have balcony room.

We are looking at balcony room and via email with NCL direct they offered us category BF room 8045.

Is this a good choice of room?

The cruise is October,Mediterranean from Barcelona.

We are looking for a room that we have a clear view from our balcony but more importantly a room that will be comfortable for our son if it does get choppy as this will be his first cruise.

Would really appreciate any advice as we are looking to book in next couple days.

Cheers

:D

You have the right idea. Be near an elevator. There are no obstructed views.

HOWEVER, your room is above the entrance to the Bliss night club one deck below and there may be some music or bass reverting through your room at night. I would get above deck 8. Epic is a great ship. Sailed on her 6 times and enjoyed every trip.

Just so you know, some of the balcony rooms on deck 8 are uncovered. I’d pick a cabin on deck 9 or higher so that you have passenger cabins above and below you, usually they’re quieter. Also, the lifeboats are right below deck 8. Here’s a view from our cabin (10075) looking straight down to the balcony on deck 9 and deck 8 below that. To be honest, deck 8 would be my last choice and deck 14 wouldn’t be my choice either. My opinion of course.

2a8nb84.jpg

Hi

So we were recommended cabin no 12177 by NCL and went with that hopefully it's a good one 😬😀

That looks like an excellent mid-ship location. Passenger cabins above and below, the bed is by the balcony, and the cabin is on a bump-out which will provide better viewing from the balcony. It’s a much better choice than what they originally suggested.