States Island Ferry

Beaferd

Will be staying at the Ramada near EWR the day before our cruise and would like to ride the ferry. Wondering how is the best way to get from hotel to the ferry, do a round trip and a way back to our hotel. Plan on riding the ferry around 7pm. There will be 6 of us.

Will be staying at the Ramada near EWR the day before our cruise and would like to ride the ferry. Wondering how is the best way to get from hotel to the ferry, do a round trip and a way back to our hotel. Plan on riding the ferry around 7pm. There will be 6 of us.

Take 2 Uber's to Newark Penn Station. Take PATH to World Trade Center for $2.75/pp. Walk to South Ferry. Repeat the process in reverse to get back to the Ramada. This should cost you about $8-10/pp each way and at least an hour+ each way - maybe more if it's a weekday rush hour.

That is suppose to read Staten Island Ferry.

Yes - my directions are still the same. The Staten Isand Ferry leaves from South Ferry at the bottom tip of Manhattan. I'm assuming that you won't have a car being from Texas.

You have to get yourselves to Newark Penn Station to take PATH to World Trade in downtown Manhattan. Since you are 6 people, Uber is the most economical way to do that other than the NJ transit bus 40, which stops hourly in front of the Ramada. From World Trade you walk about 15-20 minutes through lower Manhattan to the free Staten Island Ferry at South Ferry.

Your other option is to take the free hotel shuttle to the P4 Airtrain station to take the free Airtrain to the Newark Airport train Station. The train will cost you $8.50/pp to ride one stop to Newark Penn Station to get PATH.

If you don’t have your own auto that’s not easy. You would have to Uber from NJ to Staten Island and it would be expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To Whitehall Terminal I'm seeing an Uber estimate of $37 x 2 = $74. And I don't think that includes the Holland Tunnel toll of $11.50 or $15.

Similar estimate to St George's Terminal on Staten Island.

Uber XL is less (about $60). These are only estimates - it could be a lot more when you actually want to do it.

Whitehall Terminal is the building at South Ferry in Manhattan that the Staten Island Ferry run by the NYC Department of Transportation runs.

On Staten Island, the Ferry leaves from St. George Ferry Terminal in St. George Staten Island.

Now for really out of left field, S89 is a part-time weekday only city bus the MTA runs from Hudson-Bergen Light Rail in Bayonne NJ to Eltingville Staten Island, you could transfer to the Staten Island Rapid Transit to St. George Ferry Terminal.

That is how you would get cheapply to the Ferry, not that anyone would actually do it as it only runs rush hours,

Thanks everyone for your input. Sounds like it isn't going to work out for us to ride the ferry. Will have my 91 y/o mother with us and that would be to much for her.

That sounds like a good decision. Your mother will have a good view of the ferry plying its way between Staten Island and Manhattan all afternoon from the ship. I would focus on finding a good place for your mom to enjoy the sailaway on the Anthem.