RCL Board Making fun or Carnival for Name Brand Venues.

LetzCruze

Seriously, they are saying the reason they are adding Jimmy Buffets is to keep up with Carnival's Guys Burger Joint.

Really? Isn't that like Johnny Rockets calling the kettle black?

Post 22

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1617284&page=2

You seem to get easily and oddly bent out of shape about this. First, you post an angry response over there, then come here and create a thread. And most ridiculous is the fact that no one was even saying anything bad about carnival?

I get you like Carnival, but what's the deal? Did Royal Caribbean steal your girlfriend or something?

And very expensive!

Doug

Amen, Doug!

A year ago or so we stopped at the M'ville in Coz for a snack and a drink before heading back to the Conquest. Two 'Cheeseburgers in Paradise' totaled $27!!!! Holy smoke!! That's almost the price of the steakhouse and MORE than the cost for two at Cucina del Capitano!!!!

:eek:

Amen, Doug!

A year ago or so we stopped at the M'ville in Coz for a snack and a drink before heading back to the Conquest. Two 'Cheeseburgers in Paradise' totaled $27!!!! Holy smoke!! That's almost the price of the steakhouse and MORE than the cost for two at Cucina del Capitano!!!!

We were in Cayman a couple of years ago and ordered margaritas, they came in plastic cups a little smaller than the red solo cups & were $18 each. Went to Carlos-N-Charlies in Cozumel a couple of days later and paid $15 for the yard long margaritas. Haven't been back to see Jimmy Buffet any more.....

Doug

Amen, Doug!

That's almost the price of the steakhouse and MORE than the cost for two at Cucina del Capitano!!!!

Yeah, and I'm sure that part of the cost at Margaritaville was subsidized by your cruise fare too.:rolleyes:

Comparing land based prices to ship based prices is truly comparing apples to oranges...

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery...

By the way... I've eaten at perhaps six or eight Margaritavilles and the food sucks... The drinks, on the other hand, darn good!

:)

The drinks are AMAZING...but I did find the fries to be pretty good.

I did not care for Johnny Rockets on RCCL, did not taste the same...actually made me sick from being so greasy!

We were in Cayman a couple of years ago and ordered margaritas, they came in plastic cups a little smaller than the red solo cups & were $18 each. Went to Carlos-N-Charlies in Cozumel a couple of days later and paid $15 for the yard long margaritas. Haven't been back to see Jimmy Buffet any more.....

Doug

Not sure about Carlos and Charlies but watch out for Senior Frogs...noticed on our last trip to Nassau that the yard glasses were a bit smaller, then I noticed that the entire bottom part was now solid...no more liquid in the bottom, I bet those drinks lost alteast 8 ounces or more and went up in price...

Amen, Doug!

That price sounds good after our 79.00 bill at Grand Caymens!! :) I did enjoy trying the "Cheeseburger in Paradise" but it wasn't THAT good. Ha.

Yeah, and I'm sure that part of the cost at Margaritaville was subsidized by your cruise fare too.:rolleyes:

Comparing land based prices to ship based prices is truly comparing apples to oranges...

You're right... Guy's Burger Joint is free and, of course, I'm paying for it with my cruise fare but I've had landside steaks that were cheaper and FAR better than those cheeseburgers.

As I said, I've been to quite a few M'villes and they all pretty much suck. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Jimmy fan but even my favorite of them all, the M'ville in MoBay, has gone down hill in recent years...

Give me Guy's burgers any day.

I went through the RCL post...just a couple of silly people saying silly things.

Like this one:

Originally Posted by smoosh21 viewpost.gif

oh, i hope they stay a little classier and go with target. Isn't wal-mart more of the carnival crowd :eek: Now i will duck

Amen, Doug!

Don't need a Margaritaville on board anyway...got my own!

P2110119.jpg.6d76eb9bf7dc007308e2ec8493a3b489.jpg

You seem to get easily and oddly bent out of shape about this. First, you post an angry response over there, then come here and create a thread. And most ridiculous is the fact that no one was even saying anything bad about carnival?

I get you like Carnival, but what's the deal? Did Royal Caribbean steal your girlfriend or something?

And you seem to be getting bent out over the fact that I am just creating something to talk about on a MESSAGE BOARD! :rolleyes:

FYI, I have been on almost as many RCL cruises as Carninval. Also been on NCL, Princess and HAL.

This has nothing to do with me having something against RCL, more so the irony of them calling out carnival for having a name brand venue when they were they did it years ago.

Also enjoy the many walmart references.

Discuss.

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery...

By the way... I've eaten at perhaps six or eight Margaritavilles and the food sucks... The drinks, on the other hand, darn good!

I LOVE Margaritaville here in Vegas. Good drinks, good band, and the food is actually pretty good too. One of our favorite places to take people when they come to visit. Now, I do know they vary greatly because the one we visited in Hawaii was bleh.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Or $90 for 2 buckets of beer in Grand Turk!:eek:

WOW! Did the prices go up since last July we were there??? We paid $27 for a bucket of beers.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Amen, Doug!

We just stayed at the Westin in Key West and a hamburger in the hotel restaurant was $12.00! At the Westin's private Island, Sunset Key, the same hamburger was $18.00! Considering that it's one of the few food options on Grand Turk, it doesn't seem that bad! LOL

Archived