Spacious Panoramic Ocean View rooms

There have been previous threads about Royal Caribbean spacious panoramic ocean view rooms . specifically concerning the fact that they sell these rooms with a photo of a triangular shaped room which is very spacious and attractive ,when there is only one room like this and I think it’s room 1864 .

I am specifically referring to level 12 explorer of the sea and possibly Voyager and navigator of the seas .

I booked three adjoining cabins on level 12 of this category and found out that they were a different room altogether . I have since spoken to Royal Caribbean and am now familiar with the room that we are getting. My particular room is 1860 and I have recently seen a photo of this room and it seems to have a big large pole from floor-to-ceiling right near the single bed or divan..

My question is ,has anybody stayed in this room 1860 and if so ,could they tell me if this pole detracts from the room ,or is any way a problem. I would rather move rooms before sailing.. I am already disappointed in this room after expecting to get a room like the photo and I am sadly disappointed that they miss represented this room

• 1 month later...
Has anyone sailed in one of these cabins on the Adventure yet? I would love to see pictures of the cabins. More interested in the side cabins than the forward facing ones.

From what I've read here, they are still under cionstruction.

From what I've read here, they are still under cionstruction.
I thought the dry dock was done. They could still be working on them I suppose, but I am pretty sure I read somewhere that someone was booked in one right after drydock. [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I thought the dry dock was done. They could still be working on them I suppose, but I am pretty sure I read somewhere that someone was booked in one right after drydock. [emoji848]

Yes, dry dock is done, but someone on the first cruise after dry dock was reporting work still in progress on both deck 11 and deck 12 staterooms. I believe he said that it looked like the deck 11 staterooms might have been finished a day or two ago.

• 2 weeks later...

they are complete now because I just had them unlock (a reservation term that concerned me) both a Panoramic and the new Junior Suite bow of Deck 11. And can it be that we will be the first to stay in them on the 17th of this month?

they are complete now because I just had them unlock (a reservation term that concerned me) both a Panoramic and the new Junior Suite bow of Deck 11. And can it be that we will be the first to stay in them on the 17th of this month?
I hope that you can post pictures! Have a great time!

I hope that you can post pictures! Have a great time!

thank you and I will. This trip has been a nightmare up till now. Send some prayers or good karma my way please

I am not sure which pole you are referring to. Maybe Explorer is different. Check out the photos of this thread post #13 for room 1860.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2382092https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2382092

1864 doesn't have a pole so much as a divider with a TV mounted to it.

• 5 months later...

Has anyone now sailed on Explorer, in one of these ‘spacious panoramic ocean view’ cabins? (Not the family rooms).

Would be interested to hear and also about Cabin 1860 which the OP started the thread about.

Thank you.

If you want a really good look , as I can’t seem to load my photo here, have a look at PIPPA MADDENS YouTube video of her panoramic ocean view cabins.

Cabin 1860 does have a supporting pole right in front of the mirror. Doesn’t seem to be in the way too much.

Has anyone now sailed on Explorer, in one of these ‘spacious panoramic ocean view’ cabins? (Not the family rooms).

Would be interested to hear and also about Cabin 1860 which the OP started the thread about.

Thank you.