Snuba?

Traveller20074

Has anyone done this one? It is listed on the NCL website as one of their excursions, I believe out of Cozumel, the code is CZM 37

==============================

Snuba Adventure

Approximate Duration: 2 ½ hours Level 2, Age Requirements

Snuba is a combination of snorkeling and Scuba diving, made fun, safe and easy. After safety instructions, your dive master will take you into shallow water to try out your skills and build your confidence. Once you're ready, proceed out to deeper water (15-18 feet), where you'll find schooling fish and brilliant coral formations.

Note: Participants must be at least 8 years of age. You’ll spend approximately 20-30 minutes in the water during your Snuba dive. Bring a towel.

Tour Code:

I have done the Snuba before, and thought it was pretty fun. We were going to do Scuba but I chickened out, so we did the baby version of it...Snuba. I didnt get to see much and you don't go that deep, but it is a good experience to start with before you hit the deep waters with Scuba.

We did this last year in Cozumel and the grandkids ages 14 & 10 loved it. Due the weight of the head piece about 75 pounds the 9 year old wasn't able to do it. We did this right next to Senior(sp) Frogs right at the pier so the actual time involved was about 1 hour. We got to touch and hold several underwater critters, baby octopus, crab etc. I think we payed around $60 per person. Plan on trying to do this again in Feb if we can on cruise to eastern carribean. If you would like the web site for the company, I will try to locate it.

Cool :) I would love the website for the company. I love this board, I'm learning so much! Our trip will be great because of all the helpful advice. I'm very grateful :)

We did this last year in Cozumel and the grandkids ages 14 & 10 loved it. Due the weight of the head piece about 75 pounds the 9 year old wasn't able to do it. We did this right next to Senior(sp) Frogs right at the pier so the actual time involved was about 1 hour. We got to touch and hold several underwater critters, baby octopus, crab etc. I think we payed around $60 per person. Plan on trying to do this again in Feb if we can on cruise to eastern carribean. If you would like the web site for the company, I will try to locate it.

We did this last year in Cozumel and the grandkids ages 14 & 10 loved it. Due the weight of the head piece about 75 pounds the 9 year old wasn't able to do it.

I've done snuba and helmet diving and in snuba, there was no headpiece that was 75 pounds. Perhaps you're thinking of helmet diving? That one was about 70 pounds.

Both were great experiences; snuba is my favorite in that you're more free to swim around and see things. It's amazing--can't wait to do it again.

I've done snuba and helmet diving and in snuba, there was no headpiece that was 75 pounds. Perhaps you're thinking of helmet diving? That one was about 70 pounds.

Both were great experiences; snuba is my favorite in that you're more free to swim around and see things. It's amazing--can't wait to do it again.

right, I've seen snuba before, and it looks just like snorkeling, except you're hooked to an oxygen line from above, so you can stay under. It would be AWESOME :)

I have a question for those of you who have done snuba. Did you have your own tank floating on the surface or did you have to stick together more as a group.

I've done snuba once but there were four of us attached to tanks floating on the surface so we had to stay close together. I'm wondering if there are snuba excursions where you have your own tank.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a company that offers snuba in San Juan or near San Juan. Sunset Snuba is the only one I've found. They have a lot of locations but none around San Juan. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Archived