Goff's Caye or Caye Caulker?

Illinois cruiser

No kids on our trip but if your kids are ok with a possible bumpy ride on the boat they will be fine. If I were you I would do something off shore with kids as inland is very different and VERY poor. We have done cave tubing and the ride there is very eye opening. If you want you kids to appreciate how lucky they are take them inland lol:eek:

Not tons of shade but enough you can follow it around as the sun moves.

Food is great each meal comes with rice and beans. Rice is pretty bland but they have stuff to spice it up or make it taste a bit better.

Thank you for your review. I was trying to figure out what to do in Belize when we are there next month, now I know. I just put in my reservation through Island Marketing. Looking forward to your picutres.

We just got back from our cruise. We booked through Coral Breeze for a snorkel tour to Caye Caulker. We took the tender in to the port and found Coral Breeze easily with the directions they gave us. We checked in but had to wait a long time before we boarded the boats for the tour. There appeared to be some confusion with other passengers. They took 2 boats out but made all wait until both were full. This delay took away some of the time we had to spend on the island. The crew was very nice and knowledgable. Snorkeling was good but a little rough. The water was very clear. Lunch was good. We really did not have time to explore the island, which would have been nice.

Belize is one of the best ports for booking an excursion once you are at port.

There are three 'shed' like buildings located to the right of the chocolate shop. They book all kinds of tours and all of them will make sure you return to your ship on time.

Leon is a tour guide for Eco Tours so Island Marketing probably uses them.

They are located in one of the sheds.

I didn't want to make reservations for snorkeling in case the weather was bad, but it was really nice the day we arrived.

We went to Goff's Caye in Oct' 2012. It goes pretty much the way it was described in an earlier post.

It was quite and relaxing, but the island is pretty primitive. Not going to find a large assortment of beverages or someone to sere you and bring you drinks.

We had very rough seas that day so the trip out was into the wind and current so it took awhile. Much quicker coming back. I'm home for a few days so wife and I will work on pics.

I've read that if we book this excursion through the ship we don't have to hassle with tendering to the dock. Do you know if this is true and, if so, would that be worth paying the extra $30 pp? Also, when buying lunch on the island, do they take credit or only cash? Thanks for your reply.

Edited by Margarita Monkey

I should have done more research. I found Splash Wave on the web and booked a snorkel tour for Goff's Caye. They were an hour late getting started, we didn't go to Goff's Caye and the boat broke down on the way back to the ship. The crew had no training in how to deal with the broken boat and were shouting "f" bombs at each other. A smaller boat came to take us the last 5 miles and it was overloaded on the way in. Eric Williams, who led the tour had the nerve to ask for tips. I was just glad that we made it back. Next time - - more research. ( I realize that anyone can have a breakdown, it was the manner in which they dealt with it that was not excusable.)

Next time - - more research. ( I realize that anyone can have a breakdown, it was the manner in which they dealt with it that was not excusable.)

I agree. You will find that most reputable companies (names that are used on here) always have a "back-up" plan in case of break downs. I don't think I have ever heard of this company mentioned on here before. :( I'm just glad you made it back to the ship in time.

Hi Mitsugirly, as usual you provide great info here.

After a weather CX on our last trip to Belize, this time, we are going come H-e-double toothpicks to Goff with ECO.

Seeing all the videos on YouTube prompted us to purchase one of those pop up beach shelters...big enough for two, push tie downs into sand for shade thingys. In a bag so easy to transport. Will come back and review the whole excursion and let you all know how the thingy worked. Will take that and towels only and maybe a canned drink or 2 from ship. We are interested in the snorkeling.

In anybodies opinion, would it help to bring our own vests? The thought of dragging around a life preserver is ludicrous to me...how do you dive with that?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Mitsugirly, as usual you provide great info here.

After a weather CX on our last trip to Belize, this time, we are going come H-e-double toothpicks to Goff with ECO.

Seeing all the videos on YouTube prompted us to purchase one of those pop up beach shelters...big enough for two, push tie downs into sand for shade thingys. In a bag so easy to transport. Will come back and review the whole excursion and let you all know how the thingy worked. Will take that and towels only and maybe a canned drink or 2 from ship. We are interested in the snorkeling.

In anybodies opinion, would it help to bring our own vests? The thought of dragging around a life preserver is ludicrous to me...how do you dive with that?

Just my thought on the life vest...we purhcased our own and we are so glad that we did. Just think of it this way, they are flat and fold up fairly small. They fit in a bag with your towels and barely take up any space. Easy to inflate and deflate when you are done. So just my opinion, but I don't see it as "dragging it around" everywhere. It's just an added luxury of not having to rent someone elses, it's what we are use to, and takes up hardly any space. (Even in our suit cases, they can lay pefectly flat in it and it's takes up probably less room than a tee shirt). :)

As for diving with them, the knob that you use to blow it up, you push it and it deflates. Then you can easily dive down. No worries. We do it all the time. :)

So just my opinion, but I don't see it as "dragging it around" everywhere.

. :)

No I wasn't referring to the snorkel vests, but to the life preservers (the big puffy orange ones) that they(Eco tours) make you tie to your wrists if you don't have snorkel vests!

In any case we have purchased our vests. :)

Edited by BecciBoo

No I wasn't referring to the snorkel vests, but to the life preservers (the big puffy orange ones) that they(Eco tours) make you tie to your wrists if you don't have snorkel vests!

In any case we have purchased our vests. :)

Oh, ewww. I can't imagine. :(

• 1 month later...

Just wondering if you ever made it here?

Ok so I am back pictures aren't loaded but I will get them on as soon as my wife puts them on Facebook lol.

Did you ever get the pictures uploaded?

• 2 years later...

:)my wife and i went to goffs caye and had a great time it is beautiful small and full of flavor right on the reef you can snorkel drink free rum punch lay on the beach we loved it we were able to leave whenever we wanted to next boat out we took the last boat back as we enjoyed spending all of our time in this beautiful spot and on the last boat back they brought the cooler full of rum punch back so we had all we wanted on the ride home

they also had a grill and the food was good and about 6 dollars not bad

:)my wife and i went to goffs caye and had a great time it is beautiful small and full of flavor right on the reef you can snorkel drink free rum punch lay on the beach we loved it we were able to leave whenever we wanted to next boat out we took the last boat back as we enjoyed spending all of our time in this beautiful spot and on the last boat back they brought the cooler full of rum punch back so we had all we wanted on the ride home

they also had a grill and the food was good and about 6 dollars not bad

We're heading there in a couple of weeks! Who did you book through?

• 1 year later...