Holiday Anthem of the Seas Drink Package

rrs731

My Husband and I will be going on Anthem of the Seas over NYE this year and are considering getting the deluxe drink package. I have a few questions to the more experienced cruisers...

1. What dollar value of drinks does this cover on Anthem? I've read where people say $13 but when I download the flyer it says $12....I didn't know if this was a generic flyer

2. Does Royal Caribbean raise drink prices on the holiday cruises? If so does this raise the limit of what is covered on the drink package?

3. I have read that they now have "signature" cocktails that are not covered under the drink package. Does anyone have any current bar menu photos that show the current pricing so I can see what types of things would be covered vs an upcharge?

4. I have not been able to find a current vintages menu online. Does anyone have one?

5. The last few cruises I've noticed that they have the drink packages for 20% off, do you think this will be the case for a holiday cruise or do they never discount these options.

Thanks!!

... The last few cruises I've noticed that they have the drink packages for 20% off, do you think this will be the case for a holiday cruise or do they never discount these options.

Discounts are unpredictable. However, if you purchase and later see a lower price, you can cancel and re-order.

• 2 weeks later...

we too are on that cruise & have already both purchased the deluxe package. i would buy now while cheaper you will not get it cheaper on board. Remember with 4 days at seas & a day at their private island coco cay( where you can use your drinks package also) it will be very easy to more than get your moneys worth. As well as alcohol,, soft drinks bottled water, fresh oj & speciality coffees are included. if you do like a coccktail or glass of wine or 2 you only need to drink 4 or 5 drinks a day to break even without all the other non alcoholic drinks! to us it was a no brainer

Here is what I have experienced

1. Avg is around that depending on the preference (mixed, wine, hard liq, beer, etc)

2. I don't know. Have not been on holiday. What I have seen is a mild flux from ship to ship. ~1$

3. Have not heard or seen where the signature cocktail not covered. The last cruise I had each of the cocktails and never were charged. What I did see which was a wine of the day which is new. Wine is covered up to a dollar amount, I think is 12 or 13 dollars. You would then pay the difference IE: if 13 is the limit and you order a 14 dollar wine, you are charged 1 dollar.

4. Vintages menu is different from one ship to the next. And I would not be suprised that there are menu changes from cruise to cruise also as the wine is supplied. Been in three Vintages and have had three different menus

4. They have discounts... Recently just purchased the Deluxe for Feb cruise on Allure which had a 20% off.

As JoJo247 had said, 4~5 drinks a day (soda, wine, alcohol, virgin cocktails, coffee) and you're good :)

Some ships have the starbucks built into their coffee shops (not an independent) and you can get specialty coffee's included (that might change though from ship to ship).

So for us we buy the Deluxe for each cruise and have had the value's worth