gtaylor on island, do I owe anyone an answer?

gtaylor

Based on another post, could you inquire about the types of shops and hours they will be open on most Sundays when there are 3 cruise ships in port?

How's the sand at Orient especially near Kon Tiki and the Mexicana Bar? It gets a little tight in those locations when the sand has temporarily narrowed.

With the issues on Carib, you might have to hide a 6-pack inside a volleyball for me to find later. As a secret code, mark the ball "WILSON".

Say hi to Ridley and Joyce!

Hi,

You're most helpful!

1. Do you know if the rijstaffel restaurant THE WAJANG DOLL is open for lunch?

2. Do TRIDENT and SHIVA'S jewelers carry earrings/bracelets/necklaces with a 'big cat' (tiger/lion/etc. - not 'pussy cats') motif?

Thanks for your help!

Gary...Thanks for all of the info (especially on the golf). Have you seen anything with a website or email address for the Mullett Bay Golf course?

Well....editing here....I had asked about downtown P'burg and when Front St would be "normal" again...but then I read on down and see you have already given us info on that. You are just the best!

We will be there late Nov & hope it is somewhat less "disastrous" than what I have been reading here.

thanks again! Glad you are having a good time!

gtaylor -

You dont "owe" me an answer... but any suggestion would be greatly appreciated ! -

where is a good/inexpensive place to make a phone call back to the USA ?

Something close to the cruise ship dock in Philipsburg would be ideal....

rates ?

THANKS !

We rented a cell phone for this trip, but in the past we used the AT&T calling card from Sam's Club to make calls from the AT&T phones at Bobby's Marina -- a Water Taxi stop. Cost was about $.40/minute to US or UK.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...
Gary -

Wow, we did that with the Sam's AT&T cards too at Bobby's...

but it has been a few years. I just assumed they pulled the

plug on those by now, just like the rest of the caribbean has...

THANKS!

Went by Bobby's yesterday, in the rain, and discovered that all of the AT&T phones have been removed.

I used Cyberlink, downtown, for Internet, and they offer a $10 calling card that gives 32 minutes back to the US.

Based on another post, could you inquire about the types of shops and hours they will be open on most Sundays when there are 3 cruise ships in port?
I asked at Little Switzerland and Shipwreck Shop, as well as our friends at Trident/Shiva's. Consensus is that from November on almost all shops will be open, even if only one ship is in on Sunday.

Went by Bobby's yesterday, in the rain, and discovered that all of the AT&T phones have been removed.

I used Cyberlink, downtown, for Internet, and they offer a $10 calling card that gives 32 minutes back to the US.

THANKS MUCH FOR CHECKING !

We appreciate your on site info !

Archived