Speciality Restaurant Suprise

JAMST3RZ

Would like to surprise my parents with a night in the steakhouse or jijis but I don't want to add it onto the cruise planner, how would I do this. Think maybe just buy cruise cash then put in notes "table for two at jijis" but then its not a booking and could potentially sell out. Is their anyway to reserve in advance without it appearing on carnival.com? TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/url

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure you just reserve your time spot if available, and get a confirmation via your e mail. I don't think it's shown online, but stand to be corrected. You don't actually pay til after your reserved meal. Nothing really for them to see if I am correct. Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure you just reserve your time spot if available, and get a confirmation via your e mail. I don't think it's shown online, but stand to be corrected. You don't actually pay til after your reserved meal. Nothing really for them to see if I am correct. Have fun!

You are correct, it does not show up on cruise planner and the only confirm you get is an email.

You are correct, it does not show up on cruise planner and the only confirm you get is an email.

Do I need booking number to book it and is the email sent to the one used for booking or can I choose one?

Do I need booking number to book it and is the email sent to the one used for booking or can I choose one?

Yes, you will need your booking number, not sure, but think they will respond to the email you send, not the one on file.

Are you doing this as a surprise? Will they know? The reason I ask is I sent a surprise cake that my people never got and they didn't know enough to ask

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

It is a suprise and a email might give it away so think of just making reservation myself on board then putting cash in envelope that night.

Here is my two cents worth. Once onboard, go see the Steakhouse Host/hostess, if no one there, there is s number in you cabin to call. Make the reservation, then at some point, go in person and present your sail and sign card and pre-pay it. Cash is not accepted for payment. If you book the first night, you get a free bottle of wine. When I have gone on the first formal night, I also got a free bottle of wine. So, perhaps you can get that perk too. What a lovely gesture!

Would like to surprise my parents with a night in the steakhouse or jijis but I don't want to add it onto the cruise planner, how would I do this. Think maybe just buy cruise cash then put in notes "table for two at jijis" but then its not a booking and could potentially sell out. Is their anyway to reserve in advance without it appearing on carnival.com? TIA.

When we were on our cruise, they staff called to invite us to reserve (left messages every day) a time wen they had openings. We missed our reservation and they were able to make it up 2 nights later. So I'm thinking you could wait and make reservations once onboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app

Edited by swomel