Dawn or Escape for Bermuda

cocacola86

What’s a better place to sail out of between NY and Boston, what’s a better ship to be on for a Bermuda cruise? Is the Escape a more crowded ship, what’s the difference between going to Royal dockyard and Hamilton that some other cruise ships go to

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would choose the Escape for the better itinerary--you arrive in Bermuda earlier and are there on Wednesday night when they do Harbour Nights--as well as the adults-only area and the Waterfront. Plus you get that beautiful NY sailaway. Also a Sunday-Sunday cruise is more convenient IMO than the Friday-Friday, which for us means 2 extra days off of work.

We chose the Dawn strictly because it leaves out of Boston which is where my BIL lives and we are combining our cruise with a visit with him. It's a smaller ship that many people like but I would choose the Escape for the reasons I stated above. But if you like smaller ships, it's a good choice I think. I'll know in 17 days! :)

I find the Dawn the winner for last minute price dumps, if that's an option? Just did the last 2 sailings.

The 2 ships are different with the Escape offering more and newer. The NYC sailing is nice, but so if sailing out of Boston. Just different. :) Simple getting to the Boston port cheaply, actually free from the airport, $2.75 back. It's longer and more involved in NYC, but, I still only use buses and subways.for cheap transfers. :)

Both cities are very enjoyable for me, was in both again this summer, no problem taking advantage of either for extra touring. :)

As for Bermuda, the Sunday port day on the Dawn, has a lot closed and the St. George ferry not running. I have no problem with my plans, but I'd suggest figuring out WHAT you want to see and do while there then determine which days might be better.

Both these ship dock at Dockyard, and left Hamilton years ago.

What is the adults-only area please.

Spice H20

Inspired by the renowned summer beach parties on the island of Ibiza, Spice H20 is an adult-only retreat. By day, you can lounge in hot tubs and a soothing waterfall grotto. By night, it’s a whole different beat. Let loose and dance beneath the stars as vibrant images display on the huge video screen.

The Dawn does not have an adults-only area which is a place I like to spend alot of time. So it's a bit of a downer for me that the ship doesn't have one. We bought thermal passes at the spa though so hopefully I can go there for some relaxation.