What is earliest departure flight time from Barcelona flight back to US?

First time sailing this itinerary and need help in getting flights lined up for returning flight. What do you seasoned travelers recommend for departure times returning back to the states? How long will it take to get to airport and through security? We are sailing in the Haven so hopefully this will help with debarkation time.

(footnote:) We are also attempting to book with airline miles to hopefully snag Business Class, so some times may complicate the times available but have some flexibility. Leaving from the East Coast and already with the British Airline fees on miles has been interesting to say the least. (Yikes!:eek:)

Thanks for your help!

We were able to easily make a 10:40 flight to Newark (then on to Chicago). The ship docked so early that we were doing self- walk off by 6:30,I think. We were at the checkin counter before they opened, so I know we were at the airport before 7:30.

-- Michael

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What is available for you with miles? Depending where you want to go? I'd see that first. Then determine if it fits.

Ships unload very early in Barcelona, I'm assuming you will just take a cab to the airport? Be certain to have euros.

At minimum, you need to be in the cab 2.5 hours prior to flight time, with 3 hours better. BCN is congested, and slower in the morning with all the US flights and cruise ships dumping at similar times. Better to be early.

What is available for you with miles? Depending where you want to go? I'd see that first. Then determine if it fits.

Ships unload very early in Barcelona, I'm assuming you will just take a cab to the airport? Be certain to have euros.

At minimum, you need to be in the cab 2.5 hours prior to flight time, with 3 hours better. BCN is congested, and slower in the morning with all the US flights and cruise ships dumping at similar times. Better to be early.

Thank you for your response. We are using AAdvantage miles on American. Right now I am trying to return on Sunday and looking at times around 11’ish on.

Final destination is CLT, but I am looking at segments through Miami on Iberian or American if I can make it work and can snag 2 seats. We can return on Monday if necessary. Trying to avoid British Air.

Yes, Airport transport is a cab unless there is a car service recommended that is a better alternative.

British Airways will kill you with the fees.

Thank you... I am aware of their fees which is why I am trying to avoid and trying to find alternative airlines that have flights and times to will accommodate our times. BA has wide open times and seats, but wide open fees!