Senor Frogs question?

ripjerry95

My husband and I are the Ecstasy June 14th. We are in Nassau for the day and we have been to Atlantis twice already on two previous cruises. Plus with the time of year it will most likely be jammed so we decided not to do it again. We just wanted to go to a bar close to the ship. So thanks to this board a suggestion of Senor Frogs was made and we have decided that is where we are going to go. Does anyone know what time they open? Thanks, Kim

My husband and I are the Ecstasy June 14th. We are in Nassau for the day and we have been to Atlantis twice already on two previous cruises. Plus with the time of year it will most likely be jammed so we decided not to do it again. We just wanted to go to a bar close to the ship. So thanks to this board a suggestion of Senor Frogs was made and we have decided that is where we are going to go. Does anyone know what time they open? Thanks, Kim

As an alternative.......walk along the sidewalk.....stay to the right.....to Junkanoo beach, which is just past the British Colonial Hilton....an easy walk from the pier.....the Yah man beach bar will be on your right.....this guy will work hard to prepare you a fruity, pineapple, rum thingy, that my wife honestly adores.........we will be back in July.......he actually chops the ice, cuts the fresh pineapple, etc..........enjoy your vacation!!!!:)

I have never been there but I would second the Junkanoo beach suggestion. Free beach. Within walking distance. Senor Frogs is a chain and I would rather support the local little guy, while I understand that a local may own the franchise to Senor Frogs. I would think that the drinks will be more spendy too. I would rather sit on a beach and have a drink than sit in a bar with no beach.

Hey there .. we are going to be on the same cruise! This is our 4th Cruise but first with Teens, so we are going to go CHEAP:). First we are going to Junkanoo Beach for a bit, then the fish fry ( need a good place to have Grilled fish and Conch Salad), last year cant remember where we ate, but we dont want Twin Brothers. Then we are going to walk up the Queens Staircase.

As far a Senor Frogs, its sooooo overrated! Support the local dude selling rum, good drinks with good folks

I would have to agree with the previous post. Go to Junkanoo Beach for a while and enjoy the beach. When it starts to get too warm or too crowded then I would leave and head over to Senor Frogs.

Senor Frogs is open by 10:00 am

I would have to agree with the previous post. Go to Junkanoo Beach for a while and enjoy the beach. When it starts to get too warm or too crowded then I would leave and head over to Senor Frogs.

Senor Frogs is open by 10:00 am

Theres' a great little bar at Junkanoo Beach.. no need for high priced drinks from Senor Frogs.

I know this is way in the future, but would the junkanoo beach bar and/or fish fry be an option on a sunday in february? we'll be there on the oasis, and only have a few hours in port (I think we leave at 2 or something ridiculous like that).

And I second all the comments about Senor Frogs being overpriced and overrated.

Theres' a great little bar at Junkanoo Beach.. no need for high priced drinks from Senor Frogs.

Just how small is the bar on Junkanoo beach ? Do they take credit cards? If we go we might be a large enough group that our tab would be larger than I could comfortably carry cash for.

I'm serious about checking out this bar but it would help to know if they take credit cards. On our last cruise we only spent a couple of hours at Senor Frog's in Cozumel and for four of us the tab was around 150 dollars. This time the group might be bigger and I don't think it prudent to carry large sums of cash.

I'm serious about checking out this bar but it would help to know if they take credit cards. On our last cruise we only spent a couple of hours at Senor Frog's in Cozumel and for four of us the tab was around 150 dollars. This time the group might be bigger and I don't think it prudent to carry large sums of cash.

Sorry, I just don't know for sure. I have a feeling the answer might be NO.

It's a rustic tiki bar on the beach.. not a senor frogs commericalized spot.

Even the fish fry places are mainly cash. Most do not accept credit cards.

BTW.. it's across the street from the police station.. I wouldn't be too worried unless I was flashing my cash around.

I was just there this week, bought a bucket of beers for $10 (4 beers). Really not bad beach, a little rocky, sand was a bit hard (compacted) in some areas. The water was crystal clear, but like others said, a little rocky. Below is a picture I took at the bar on the beach.

DSCN4307.jpg.4558bff5584122a24ca5785d1abfe98c.jpg

11:00am, depending on your age or ability to have fun---you might enjoy Senor Frogs. You will not be able to have a conversation there inside. You have an option to eat outside. Drinks in a souvenir "yard" glass range from $12-16. You go to Senor Frogs for the experience, take a pic sitting in a bar seat (those are cute), and it is a little Spring Break ish (the drinking age in the Bahamas is 18 so youngin' come out. My 49 year old aunt loved it for people watching purposes. The food is pricey...drinks are a better deal than the cruise ships-you can taste the liquor. This last time, upon exiting, we were treated to someone that could not keep the party in their mouth.

Agree 100% with Scubagirrl:).. We always find great places to eat and drink locally.

If it wasnt for Scubagirrl.. we would never had found the best spot to kick it in Freeport, Billy Joe's

Hey there .. we are going to be on the same cruise! This is our 4th Cruise but first with Teens, so we are going to go CHEAP:). First we are going to Junkanoo Beach for a bit, then the fish fry ( need a good place to have Grilled fish and Conch Salad), last year cant remember where we ate, but we dont want Twin Brothers. Then we are going to walk up the Queens Staircase.

As far a Senor Frogs, its sooooo overrated! Support the local dude selling rum, good drinks with good folks

This will be our first cruise as well, what is the queens staircase? lol Sorry but it sounds awesome!!

I think we're going to check out Junkanoo Beach. I've also read about the fish fry but I haven't seen specifics on the location. Are they in the same place, or within a quick walk of each other? I know how to get to the beach, but looking for some help from there.

Thanks!

Archived