Question about exchange rate and onboard charges.

ready2cruzagain

We will be sailing on the Divina in the Caribbean this November. I was reading on another thread it is best to prepay gratuities because of the exchange rate. Is this for Caribbean cruises from the USA with US citizens also?? Or was it just meant for European cruises?

Also, I read somewhere that MSC uses a Paris bank. Will my credit card be charged an International fee?

We have been on 38 cruises but never MSC and never had any of these issues. But I think maybe I am reading too much about the Divina and Seaside and getting Divina confused since it is in Europe right now. :eek::o

In regards to exchange rates, as long as you are billed in the currency of the ship you should be OK. You want your own bank to apply the currency conversion as you will get a better exchange rate.

You should also find out from your CC provider what/if they charge foreign transaction fees. If you are concerned about charges you can pay in cash.

What I do is I register my credit card but on the 2nd last day I pay it off with cash. That way I will have a very small CC bill at the end of the cruise.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Forums mobile app

We will be sailing on the Divina in the Caribbean this November. I was reading on another thread it is best to prepay gratuities because of the exchange rate. Is this for Caribbean cruises from the USA with US citizens also?? Or was it just meant for European cruises?

The onboard currency for your cruise will be US$ so no need for you to be concerned with the exchange rate.