Quebec Cruiseport TO Montreal Airport

MagBob

To get from Quebec City to Montreal, you basically have 3 choices, rent a car, fly, or take the train. Via has daily trains, car rental would be easy enough 3 hr drive, and the flights are a bit expensive IMO but short.

My choice has always been the train but I love trains YMMV and it's about 3-4hrs. Prices start around $35 depending on time of year and what not.

Has anyone Cruised to Quebec and flown home from Montreal? What sort of transportation did you use? Is there an easy way to get from Quebec to Montreal?

I am going the opposite way, from Montreal airport to Quebec cruise port. Check VIA rail website. They have trains which allow checked in baggage and if you book Quebec to Dorval (not Montreal) there is a VIA rail bus to the airport. BTW Dorval is about 2 miles from the airport. By booking on a Tuesday well in advance there are some very good prices. I already have my seats allocated for a train in September. Journey time is 4hours 20 minutes.

We were on a Holland America cruise that ended in Quebec. The cruise line offered a shuttle

bus option from the cruise pier to the airport in Montreal and it was relatively inexpensive and

very easy to do. If you want to take the train you'll need a taxi as it's too far to walk to. Renting

a car or getting to the airport in Quebec also requires a taxi. Check with the cruise line you'll be

on to see what they offer as it's definitely the easiest way to get from the ship to Montreal.

We also took the train once from Montreal to Quebec city expecting beautiful scenery and a

unique experience. The majority of the trip was rather dull with only the last hour or so having

some interesting views other than routine housing.