Cannes to Antibes

remharri

I did Nice to Antibes and Cannes return for just over $6eu in February of 2016 so I imagine your trip would be pretty cheap. The clerk told me to buy the return tickets as it would be cheaper but I really don't know if that's true.

You have two good options. We think the easiest would be to simply take the #200 bus, which you can catch relatively close to the cruise tender port (you can ask the tourist folks to point you in the right direction when you get off the tender). The other option is to take the train (its only about a 10 min ride). The down side to the train is that its over 1/2 mile from the port to the train station.

Hank

You have two good options. We think the easiest would be to simply take the #200 bus, which you can catch relatively close to the cruise tender port (you can ask the tourist folks to point you in the right direction when you get off the tender). The other option is to take the train (its only about a 10 min ride). The down side to the train is that its over 1/2 mile from the port to the train station.

Hank

Thanks for this information. How long is the bus ride and how often do they run? We probably won't want to spend the whole day there but maybe a few hours.

I did Nice to Antibes and Cannes return for just over $6eu in February of 2016 so I imagine your trip would be pretty cheap. The clerk told me to buy the return tickets as it would be cheaper but I really don't know if that's true.

6 Euros is still pretty cheap. Thanks for the info!

Thanks for this information. How long is the bus ride and how often do they run? We probably won't want to spend the whole day there but maybe a few hours.

The #200 bus runs every 20 minutes. What is nice about the bus is that it runs along the coastal road which gives you more of a view and feel for the area then you get from the train. But because it does run along the heavily trafficked and makes many stops, it is slower then the train. I am not sure of the exact time to get to Antibes (where it makes multiple stops) but would guess around 30-40 min...max. I believe the bus still costs 1.50€ so is quite a bargain. The nearest bus stop to the port is on the Rue De Serbes which is pretty easy to find and a lot closer then the train station (which is the 2nd stop on the bus). To get to the Rue de Serbes just walk along the harbor/Marina keeping the water on your right....until you get the famous Blvd Croisette and follow that main street past the Convention Center (the main home of the famous Film Festival). The street you want is just past the Hotel Barriere Majestic. If you change your mind you could just continue up this Rue de Serbes which will take you to the train station :). The bus stop is just about 1 block up the Rue de Serbes (right side).

Hank

Either form of transport should be easy. Last year we went to Antibes by bus and returned by train.

I have just looked back at my notes. We had a tender ticket for 9:05 but didn't board until 9:20.

We asked for help locating the 200 bus stop and got different opinions ending up at the bus stop outside the train station. We had to watch a bus go at 10:10 because my purse was at the bottom of my bag!! After waiting for the next driver to go for his coffe break, we caught the next bus at 10:30. We ended up getting off in Antibes at the train station and made a mistake by not checking the train times as we had decided to do the return journey by train.

After looking around Antibes (really lovely) and being shocked at the prices in the Provencal market, we were back at the train station at 1.15 pm. We bought our tickets and then checked the time of the next train - 2 pm!

We sat in the sunshine and watched 3 buses leave at the street below!!

We had time to wander back through Cannes, buy a few gifts and study the handprints outside the film festival building.

Despite the hiccups in the journey, It was a lovely stress free day. When I am in Cannes next month (:D:D:D) we will try to get early tender tickets again and go to Nice for the day.

Had to smile at the 6€ round trip post. Yes, you can still go round trip for 6€ (per couple) by using the #200 bus. The train fares are somewhat higher (but still very reasonable). It can be hard to find the closest bus stop....which is why I gave detailed directions to walk along the water until you reach the Rue de Serbes.....before turning onto that street. As you walk up the right side of that street you should be able to spot the bus stop (you would be looking for a bus stop sign that has "200" as one of the bus routes.

Hank