What Area of Barcelona for Pre Cruise

oceanlovinmama

Cruising out of Barcelona in August next year. Just booked flights and hotel, BUT I can change the hotel....just wanted to keep the great deal. Anyway, I'm not sure what AREA is best. I saw different areas on the map but wasn't sure which one I wanted to be in. The hotel I booked gets great reviews, they do say it's outside the center but within walking distance of the beach and train? It is the Melia Barcelona Sky. If anyone has any suggestions as to whether I should move or if it's easy using their transportation system I would appreciate it. Thanks!

The public transportation in Barcelona is excellent: convenient, efficient, clean, cheap and safe. So it doesn't really matter that much where you decide to stay as moving about is very easy. If you choose somewhere near a metro station, you can go from one end of the city to the other in a relatively short time. As per areas, that goes with one's preferences... I personally tend to recommend this to those visiting: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k7501495-Advice_on_where_to_stay_in_Barcelona-Barcelona_Catalonia.html#58674908

Cruising out of Barcelona in August next year. Just booked flights and hotel, BUT I can change the hotel....just wanted to keep the great deal. Anyway, I'm not sure what AREA is best. I saw different areas on the map but wasn't sure which one I wanted to be in. The hotel I booked gets great reviews, they do say it's outside the center but within walking distance of the beach and train? It is the Melia Barcelona Sky. If anyone has any suggestions as to whether I should move or if it's easy using their transportation system I would appreciate it. Thanks!

I just looked up the hotel, it looks really nice, perhaps a little more expensive than I would be able to afford :loudcry:.

I also think that you could find something a little closer to the centre. I have stayed in a few different areas, loved them all, each was chosen with what I wanted to do in Barcelona on that trip (near to train station, near to Montjuic, near to Sagrada Familia etc).

So I made my itinerary first and then looked at transport and hotel. Keep your bookings at a cancellable rate - so you can change your mind.

Enjoy a winter of planning :)