Europe predictions when the Vista leaves

Velvetwater

I was wondering how many bookings the Vista will get. I am hoping enough for a Carnival ship return in 2017...any ship will do to be honest as smaller ships are common here.

The bookings for the sailings seem to be going ok but so many UK cruisers do not know about Carnival and we make up a good chunk of Carnival Europe passengers. I would speculate on Spanish and Italian cruisers but I have no idea and they like Costa and MSC anyway.

All TA shops in the cities have NCL, Princess and Royal stuff blasting about their new ships and more stuck to the window with nothing about the much cheaper Carnival rates. Theres deals for almost all major lines stuck to the windows and inside but not Carnival.

Just thinking out loud. :)

Edited by Velvetwater

That would be a shame. Carnival is my favourite cruiseline of any I've sailed with so far and they're generally good value for money. I know I would certainly book Carnival if they came back to Europe permanently, even with an older or smaller ship. When I heard about Vista I booked within 2 days :o

That would be a shame. Carnival is my favourite cruiseline of any I've sailed with so far and they're generally good value for money. I know I would certainly book Carnival if they came back to Europe permanently, even with an older or smaller ship. When I heard about Vista I booked within 2 days :o

Yes we did too. It seems like we waited f-o-r-e-v-e-r for CCL to be in Europe. If they leave a ship over just means more cruises for me. :) I like the Caribbean but my passion is history.

If i had to guess. I would say Europe will not see another CCL ship until 2018 when vista's sister debuts.

I'll agree with this totally. As much as I would like for Carnival to seasonally do Europe we know that the demographic is very different from the other mainstream cruise lines. If Vista 2 does a European season in 2018 we will probably plan to be on it unless they do the same/similar itineraries as 2016.

I'll agree with this totally. As much as I would like for Carnival to seasonally do Europe we know that the demographic is very different from the other mainstream cruise lines. If Vista 2 does a European season in 2018 we will probably plan to be on it unless they do the same/similar itineraries as 2016.

I really don't mind the same itinerary. There is so much to see I never get to see it all plus it gives us a chance to visit places a week before or after the cruise.

Edited by rocking-m-cruiser

i too would like Carnival to be here in Europe each year, having taken my first Caribbean cruise on the Breeze last summer I have to so it seemed so boring compared to the Med. Once you have seen one Caribbean Island etc ... At least in the Med there is so much to see and do. I did enjoy my Breeze trip, but it just wasn't the same.

I too would like more of a mixture of ports, Villefranche, nice, Istanbul, more Greek Islands, or even a Canary cruise and if CCL are reading this, us folks who work in schools would like longer cruises in the school holidays please, not these short 8 night ones:D pretty please.

I too would like more of a mixture of ports, Villefranche, nice, Istanbul, more Greek Islands, or even a Canary cruise and if CCL are reading this, us folks who work in schools would like longer cruises in the school holidays please, not these short 8 night ones:D pretty please.

At least you got one of the 12 night cruises offered! My kids summer is June and July only and back to school the first week of August. Notice they only did 8/10 nights during those months.

Im hoping that Carnival goes back to the Baltics. I would prefer to do that before hitting the Med for a 3rd time

Tom

I agree Tom! We did the 3 cruise AFTER the Baltic and now we really want to do the Baltic. The 39 days we spent on the Legend doing Norway, Northern Europe, GB and Northern Route TA was our best cruise yet!

If Carnival would run the Med for a bit in 2018, then relocate mid- to late-summer to do a few Baltic cruises before heading back to the states, we would be tickled!

John

i too would like Carnival to be here in Europe each year, having taken my first Caribbean cruise on the Breeze last summer I have to so it seemed so boring compared to the Med. Once you have seen one Caribbean Island etc ... At least in the Med there is so much to see and do. I did enjoy my Breeze trip, but it just wasn't the same.

Missing Istanbul bums us out, but this itinerary is better than what we had on the Breeze for the last Med cruise and the TA. John

I, too, hope Carnival continues in Europe! We did the Legend transatlantic back to US and loved it with Ireland, Scotland, Iceland, Greenland etc. I am very underwhelmed with the transatlantic of the Vista. But we are booked on her in June of next year. I would even do the same itinerary again as the Legend did. It was fantastic!!!! I too like at least 12 days in Europe.