On ship needing backup plan - cost to beach and batik factory?

anne13

Hi readers,

I need your advice asap.

About to board ship but then not doing internet pkg. Will check message on island later.

Paid for kayak and snorkel trip with ship's shore excursion .Weather channel predicting high winds so maybe excursion will be cancelled(?)

Need backup plan.

How much is a cab to the batik store/factory from where Allure docks?

How much to a beach with snorkeling and facilities? I thought I read st James beach or carambola or something with a "c"?

Planning this for so long but winds mat be too strong to kayak and ship excursions might cancel and other ship excursion might sell out so need a back up plan.

Thanks!!

Hi readers,

I need your advice asap.

About to board ship but then not doing internet pkg. Will check message on island later.

Paid for kayak and snorkel trip with ship's shore excursion .Weather channel predicting high winds so maybe excursion will be cancelled(?)

Need backup plan.

How much is a cab to the batik store/factory from where Allure docks?

How much to a beach with snorkeling and facilities? I thought I read st James beach or carambola or something with a "c"?

Planning this for so long but winds mat be too strong to kayak and ship excursions might cancel and other ship excursion might sell out so need a back up plan.

Thanks!!

A previous posters have confirmed there IS a batik factory shop within the port area.

Carambola: you have to book and receive a confirmation in advance via their website. US $ 30.0 2 beds and 1 umbrella. Pay on arrival. Taxi $4.00 pax each way.

Caution, now very popular with Herds and Towles.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

We walked around Basseterre first to get a feel of the town, then headed back towards the pier area and arranged with a taxi a private half-island tour for two hours that included: Caribelle Batik/Romney Manor (Entrance fee of $3 USD pp. Lovely area and nice items for sale), the Brimstone Hill Fortress (we had to pay the $10 USD pp fee entrance), some stops with great views for $60 USD.

I also wanted to go to the beach so we chose Shipwreck Beach Bar and Grill at South Friar's Beach and that was $16 USD each way, so $32 USD. We spent nearly three hours there; had a great lunch, time in the water, and relaxed on the simple lounge chairs (which was included with our lunch or drinks). It was a great day! I've just heard that the Shipwreck will be closing at the end of this month.

There would be no problem to arrange what you would like to do at the pier. Plenty of taxis available.

Enjoy your day in Saint Kitts.

Cheers.

Edited by Alessandrina
Correcting the name of the Fortress.