Colossuem / Pisa Tickets

In order to climb the Leaning Tower of Pisa, you must book a specific time through the Museum site. It takes about 30 minutes to climb the Tower and you must check in at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time. If you only have 1/2 hour, you would not have enough time to to inside the Tower.

Hi, this is a copy of a post I replied to on another thread. On this site it definitely does say the ticket is valid for the Colosseum, Palatino and Forum. Hope this gives you the information you need.

When we visited Rome on previous occasions, there were very long queues to get into the Colosseum so we didn't go inside as we didn't want to waste time standing in a line. From what I've read on the message boards, you have to pay to go into the Forum now although the same ticket is valid for the Colosseum/Palatine Museum. I guess this will mean queues here too.

I have been able to buy on-line and print my tickets at home from this site. It's the 'official' ticketing site on the Colosseum's website. I checked one or two other sites and this one had the lowest charges.

http://www.ticketclic.it/Gb/HTML/musei/colosseo.cfm

Apart from avoiding having to queue this is an open ticket which doesn't tie you down to a particular time which may be a help if you have a pretty full timetable - it's difficult to judge exactly when you will arrive at a given attraction.

Also we will have only about 30 minutes to view the Leaning tower of Pisa, is that enough time to go inside?

No, you would need to go to a separate ticket counter to purchase the tickets (if still available). That is why I did a private tour here and pre-paid for the tickets.

We purchased our tickets online last year and am I glad we did! The day we were in Rome, we went to the Colosseum and the line for tickets was unbelievable! We were able to walk right up to the window for pre-purchased tickets and join an English speaking tour within minutes.

Ouch, Mike. i totally forgot about seeing that "palatine hill" ticket deal in Rick Steve's book. I went into the site noted above and bought tickets for the collosseum. I guess that means we'll have to buy tix for the Palatine and Forum separately?

Mike

Only 30 minutes to go up the Leaning Tower of Pisa - if you have some power of VIP booking - maybe. Even a private tour - look into it, but, note there may well be no refunds if a few minutes late, depending. In what physical shape are you? (A few steps to get up there, marble, feet will slide towards the center, as they have been worn down by - millions)

Now a certain number of people are allowed up at once...was every 20 minutes, but I haven't looked into it since for July of 2004. Limits on age of, if any children...It's great just to see the thing, if not going up the tower, or into anything else, depends on the time of year, assuming it is summer - admire it from the ground, interesting to observe , if any that day, the direction the clouds/wind is going, look up, move around the tower, and at a certain point, it may well seem to be falling. Half hour at the Leaning Tower - seen it, done that...?

The ticket for the Colosseum includes the forum and Palestine Hill (which we really likes, the views are wonderful). I still think that you can avoid the huge lines by going to one of the other ticket booths instead of the Colosseum one.

We also climbed the Tower at Pisa and it was well worth the time, we were with a private guide and got there early--our climb time was 9:30 and it wasn't that crowded. This was in early October.

Does anyone have an idea on how much time we should allow to see the Colosseum,Palentine Hill and the Forum. I reserved our tickets for the Vatican and all they had available was 10:30 so I'm trying to figure out what would be a good time to reserve tickets for the Colosseum.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Jackie

The Roma pass will also allow you to avoid the line at the Colessuem. It is 20 eros and is good for 2 free admissions plus 3 days unlimited public transit. A Roma & Piu pass is 25 euros and has added benifits.

You can only use this pass for two free admissions. We are looking at purchasing it. If we do we would use it for the Borghese Gallery and the Coloseum. If we use it this way, would it also admit us to the Palatine Museums and the Forum without charge? I mean would they all be considered part of the second use, or would they be considered the 3rd adn 4th use? Hope that makes sense!

The Colosseum--Forum--Palantine Hill are one ticket. Since we were there several days we did use the Roma Pass, we went to the Colosseum first and zipped in through the special Roma Pass line, luckily we were there two days before they stared charging for the Forum--but for the Palantine they scanned our Roma Pass and gave us tickets. We were still able to go to another museum for free after that.

Rick Steves suggests that you pick your two most expensive sites to use as your free Roma Pass entries (in this case both of yours) and use it for discounts for anything else.

As to the time issue--we had already been to the Colosseum and Forum and spent the most of an afternoon in the C-F-P, but then we like history. I think that you have to decide what kind of a traveler you are, I would plan on going to the Forum area after the Vatican. You could go to the Victor Emmanual Monument--then by way of Capital Hill go to the Forum, Palentine Hill and end up at the Colosseum where there is a metro station to take you back to Termini.

Start to read some guidebooks to decide what you want to see.

When pre-ordering your tickets for the Colosseum, do you recommend just the entrance ticket or adding the tour guide? We will be using Rome in Limo but I know they cannot go into the museums.

mountainmare,

Thank you, I have been doing alot of research and know what we want to see I was just trying to decide if I should maybe go to one place before the Vatican or if I would have time after the Vatican to get the Colosseum and Palentine and the Forum in. But yor suggestion of going to the Forum before our Vatican tour sounds like a good idea.

Where are you in PA? We live in Carbon County in Albrightsville.

Jackie

Archived