Silhouette 6158 connecting?? or 6155

e050377

Yesterday I asked about the sofa setup of 6210 and got some great info. Hoping someone can help with this cabin. My TA says 6158 and 6155 are set up as sofa with upper and looks to have a slanted balcony which is slightly larger. I'd prefer 6158, but the "S" room compilation has 2 reviews and both say it is connecting. Deck plan doesn't show it as connecting. Would 6155 be better?

Connecting rooms on the Silhouette are never an issue. We all picture a motel with an interior door through which you can hear people in the next room. This is not the case on any of the S-class ships. Each pair of cabins are set back from the corridor in a sort of alcove. If necessary, a pair of doors can close the alcove off and then each individual room door can be left propped open while still maintaining privacy from the corridor. It's quite I genius, and you wouldn't even notice this if you weren't looking for it.

Yesterday I asked about the sofa setup of 6210 and got some great info. Hoping someone can help with this cabin. My TA says 6158 and 6155 are set up as sofa with upper and looks to have a slanted balcony which is slightly larger. I'd prefer 6158, but the "S" room compilation has 2 reviews and both say it is connecting. Deck plan doesn't show it as connecting. Would 6155 be better?

We sailed in 6158 on Silhouette last year. It is not a connecting cabin and does have an awesome large balcony. It is right around the corner from the forward bank of elevators, yet very quiet. It is a 2C , but no obstructions except straight down to the water. Would book it again in a heartbeat, and highly recommend you stick with it!

Connecting rooms on the Silhouette are never an issue. We all picture a motel with an interior door through which you can hear people in the next room. This is not the case on any of the S-class ships. Each pair of cabins are set back from the corridor in a sort of alcove. If necessary, a pair of doors can close the alcove off and then each individual room door can be left propped open while still maintaining privacy from the corridor. It's quite I genius, and you wouldn't even notice this if you weren't looking for it.

This is only true for the first four S class ships. With Reflection they reverted to the inner door connection. EM

• 1 year later...

we are two sisters and we booked 6157 and 6158 ( same location just oppositeeach other ) both the same cabin size. (is this a hall that divides the two sides or are they interior cabins

6155 was available but my sister felt that's too close for comfort, however they can take down the screen on the balcony so u can all sit together in the evening. on 6155 and 6158

we feel like we got the jackpot on the lower priced cabins on reflection excited

We were in 6157 as a gty on the Silhouette. Loved the cabin. Great location, large cabin with very large veranda. Take it.

we are two sisters and we booked 6157 and 6158 ( same location just oppositeeach other ) both the same cabin size.

could u tell me (is this a hall that divides the two sides or are they interior cabins????? like can I open my door and see my sisters roomin 6158 from my room in 6157. do u have any picture of 6157 and is this the smoking side ???

6155 was available but my sister felt that's too close for comfort, however they can take down the screen on the balcony so u can all sit together in the evening. on 6155 and 6158

many thanks

We sailed in 6158 on Silhouette last year. It is not a connecting cabin and does have an awesome large balcony. It is right around the corner from the forward bank of elevators, yet very quiet. It is a 2C , but no obstructions except straight down to the water. Would book it again in a heartbeat, and highly recommend you stick with it!

Most people on the S class ships don't realize that most of the cabins are connecting because of the unique way it is done on S class ships.

As an earlier poster mentioned this is only done on the first four ships, not the Reflection.