Norwegian Gem when does it warm up

Fat Guy in a kayak

I think it's safe to say that it will vary each sailing. We sailed an eleven day itinerary on Gem a few years ago leaving in late January. Our first stop was St. Thomas. On debarkation day it was a cold 23 degrees in NYC when we sailed. The next morning it was much warmer and got up into the 60's. It was warm enough to enjoy the open decks but way to cool for us to consider swimming. The hot tubs were crowded. On the second sea day it was raining in the morning but the skies cleared before noon. The afternoon was very pleasant and the pools were full of kids. On the third day the weather was spectacular and the open decks were crowded as we approached St. Thomas in the early afternoon.

The weather was a bit better on the return trip as we enjoyed the afternoons each day. We sailed through a front overnight as we approached NYC and awoke to find crew shoveling two inches of snow off the open decks. we knew the party was over.

Paul

Thanks for such a detailed answer. After this long cold and snowy winter, 60+F and a hot tub sounds like heaven to me.

I'm with you buddy. My girlfriend and I are on the same sailing as you and I just finished packing.;) See you on board!:cool: