Whittier Discount coupons for 26 Glaciers or Major Marine Cruise???

disneygal77

Hi,

We will be in Anchorage the day before our Coral Princess Cruise in July 2018. We would like to do something other than just take a shuttle to the ship, since it doesn't leave until 8:30 pm.

I've seen people suggest either of the Phillip's tours *(26 Glaciers or Glacier Quest), or the Major Marine cruise. I've also read where in the past, coupons from books such as the Northern Lights book have discounts.

Does anyone know of any discounts available for 2018. I didn't see a coupon for either when I did a search on the Northern Lights coupon book *(there was a 2 for 1 for the train to get to Whittier)

Or....if anyone has another idea for a "good way" to get to the Princess Ship from Anchorage other than renting a car, I'd appreciate it!

• 4 months later...

Major Marine gives a AAA discount of 10%. You need to call them to get this and book over the phone,

If you're not a AAA member, you can also mention the "Alaska's Playground Passport Special" when booking, and that is also 10% off.

This applies to all of their cruises.

Last summer is when you would have found good discounts for this years excursions.

Both discount books usually come out in November for the following yr.

For future travelers .... be diligent about checking the web sites of both vendors, esp around Black Friday and other pre-season specials. Groupon is another place to look.

If it's any help, when we booked Phillips, Major Marine had the President's sale going on. I emailed Philips asking if they matched the discount. they said no that their boat are superior, etc. so no price matching.