Cruise connect

dragonsfan

We booked cruise connect last year for Cunard cruise. We were picked up at Telford services . The coach which was used for Wolves football team. It was luxury. However, we had to use a feeder minibus to get us to the coach and there was not enough room for us on the 1st trip so they come back for us and we met the main coach at M6 services. On the return journey it was a bog standard coach which was better as we did not have to sit across a table from moaning people (They moaned all the way through the whole journey). We have also booked Cruise Connect for our cruise on the 5th June again being picked up from M54 services at 9am but we have been told that the main coach will be picking us up this time. We find for £186 per person its well worth it too.

£186 per person ? Have they put there prices up we paid £90 per person for a transfer from Chester to southampton and Chester is roughly a hour past Telford .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well were on are way at last down to Southampton intercruises seem to be using holmswood coaches for today's p&o and princess cruises from the north west and north wales area. Not bad coaches just lacking a bit in the leg room department I would say about 26-28 inches of leg room not good for someone who is 6ft 3.

I was at infant & junior school with the lads from Holmeswood. They have been established for many, many years, and have a large fleet of modern coaches.

Locally, they have a good reputation.

It does seem a bit steep.

I just checked with C C and it would be £180 return for two passengers from our area and with Eavesway, £86 each person return. So slightly more expensive with Cruise Connect.

We have travelled with CC through Cunard and it was generally ok. Somehow, I think Eavesway was slightly better but it could just have been the driver - more friendly!

Edited by heywood

We are going on June 15th and still not received tickets via e mail even though they keep telling me I'll have them this week ! Need to know the pick up time from swansea to arrange transport from home to swansea west services ! Anyone else travelling on coach from this area on June 15th ???

£186 per person ? Have they put there prices up we paid £90 per person for a transfer from Chester to southampton and Chester is roughly a hour past Telford .

Please accept my sincere apologies it was £186 total cost not per person....I must of been on a different planet when I typed that. :eek:

Still no e mail confirmation from cruise connect . Been on the phone and get palmed off saying they are in process of sending them in next few hours - that was a week ago and same response today ! Their customer service is rubbish . Just want to know what time we being picked up to arrange taxi to pick up point - not going to get one at this late date ! Can anyone shed more light on this transfer from Swansea West Services on June 15th ???

Still no e mail confirmation from cruise connect . Been on the phone and get palmed off saying they are in process of sending them in next few hours - that was a week ago and same response today ! Their customer service is rubbish . Just want to know what time we being picked up to arrange taxi to pick up point - not going to get one at this late date ! Can anyone shed more light on this transfer from Swansea West Services on June 15th ???

We only got our pickup times last week for our sailing on the 5th June. They did say they were running late and had only done the route for pick up times for the 31st May cruise 3 days beforehand.

Hooray coach transfer e mail came today ! Leaving swansea 8am and estimated arrival in Southampton 2pm ! Holiday is real now - can't wait ! 12 sleeps to go !!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Didn't trust to Cruise Connect this time. Hated the 5am departure from Washington but at least the Eavesway service was good. Getting the train the day before this time, staying at hotel near the dock, and taking the OBC instead.

• 4 years later...

Dragons fan , we caught an Intercruise coach last year from Chester Holiday Inn which was very good. We were picked up at 09.00 and eta was 14.45. We actually arrived at 14.30. so 5.5 hours which included a 10 min stop at Knutsford and a 50 min stop at Warwick. It was a Sunday and thankfully no hold ups. Of course the big advantage is that if you are held up , the ship will wait.

Got are e-tickets through this morning for are coach transfer no mention of which company is being used estimated travel time of 6hrs 15 min from Chester

Hi we have use cruise connect also used Eavvesway. For us Eavesway every time. we live in Holywell and Eavesway pick us up at the Spar in Holywell.

Cheers

John and Angie

Dragons fan , we caught an Intercruise coach last year from Chester Holiday Inn which was very good. We were picked up at 09.00 and eta was 14.45. We actually arrived at 14.30. so 5.5 hours which included a 10 min stop at Knutsford and a 50 min stop at Warwick. It was a Sunday and thankfully no hold ups. Of course the big advantage is that if you are held up , the ship will wait.

Thanks

I see Cruise Connect say up to 3 medium suitcases each. We are on a longer cruise so will probably take 4 medium suitcases between us and then a smaller one to keep in the cabin for the last night. Has anyone on here ever taken 3 suitcases and was the driver okay with that please?

Also my husband normally takes a rucksack with the I-pad etc in it. Is that okay, will there be room in the coach to keep with him?

TIA

I can't remember exactly how much luggage we took to see the Northern Lights, but I know we had an extra case for warm clothing plus a holdall for footwear. Everyone had more than usual but nothing was refused.

If you take a bag on the coach you will have to fit it under your seat as the roof racks are quite small.

Thanks, if the worst comes to the worst we will just have to put on the seat between us. I always take a bag as well, but only very large handbag size, so we will just have to squash up. We should only be on coach for about 2 1/2 hours I think.