Miami International Airport Hotel

VideoTech

Does anyone know if the Miami International Airport hotel (the hotel actually at the airport itself) is INSIDE of security, or OUTSIDE of security? Their website is very vague about this.

I suspect it is outside of security..most airport hotels are...but wanted to confirm.

Also, if anyone has stayed there...your opinions?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Miami International Airport hotel (the hotel actually at the airport itself) is INSIDE of security, or OUTSIDE of security? Their website is very vague about this.

I suspect it is outside of security..most airport hotels are...but wanted to confirm.

Also, if anyone has stayed there...your opinions?

Thanks!

It is before security, and we have had outstanding experiences there, especially having early morning flights to get onboard Celebrity cruises from Europe and South America the next day.

Our stays were quiet, comfortable, and convenient. We were at MIA without any worry about traffic problems, construction delays, or whatever those passengers at nearby hotels were experiencing.

Pre-TSA and CLEAR lanes are located very near the Miami International Airport Hotel for faster security and boarding times.

We would highly recommend staying at this hotel, as we also stayed there during the 2017 MLB All Star event. Plenty of restaurants are available nearby in the airport. Parking is at the current daily short term rate for the airport, if you have a car.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is a perfect choice if getting in REALLY late or leaving REALLY early. It's updated but IMO still expensive for what you get. Food is not the best and limited choices. If you have any time at all, I would stay off MIA property. The MIA airport is really located so close to the city that makes transfers to and from not bad and affordable.

Thanks everyone. This actually isn't for a cruise; we're arriving late in the evening (after dinner) and flying out early the next morning to the Caribbean. All we need is a decent place to sleep and breakfast. Was considering a nearby airport hotel, but would prefer not to deal with waiting for a hotel shuttle or even a short taxi ride late when we arrive...so was considering the airport hotel.

I've flown in and out MIA hundreds of times, but didn't even realize the airport had a terminal hotel until I did a web search!