"Bottomless Bubbles" sticker $'s

Fiddlemama

The price depends on the length of the cruise. I've also found how cost effective it is for me depends on how many sea days there are. 2 sea days, it doesn't really make it worth it for me. 3 sea days I come out ahead. Do a search for "soda cards" here, the price ranges will pop up. The only price I'm familiar with is for a 7 day sailing, it runs about $45 for adults.

You'd need to drink about 3> a day to be cost effective. You only get a glassful with the sticker; Order at dinner from the bar waiter and you get the can w/glass of ice. You're allowed to bring 12pp non-alcoholic drinks in your carry-on up to 20oz to save the most. If you don't want to be bothered and only want the occasional soda-pop, I'd just order individually as desired.

If you only drink one soda a day then you should not get the Bottomless Bubbles sticker. You would have to drink more than 3 a day to make it worthwhile.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/fountain_funcard.htm

They do not give you the can at the bars- they just fill a cup for you. I have heard some people say they have gotten the can at dinner but I have never been that lucky :) If you only drink one a day it would be much cheaper for you to carryon a 12 pack.

Others have described the pricing well. If it's a close contest for you, consider that there are other benefits:

- No worry about spending $2 for a can and then leaving 1/2 of it (or feeling like you have to drink it before it gets warm)

- in the MDR, they will (should) bring you a refill with no question. No delay, and need to sign for every soda.

- You can get other juices for free in the morning (pineapple, cranberry) and can get them all day long from any bar.

- And last, but certainly not least: DIY ice cream floats ! :D :D :D

Edited by mikesteg

The price depends on the length of the cruise. I've also found how cost effective it is for me depends on how many sea days there are. 2 sea days, it doesn't really make it worth it for me. 3 sea days I come out ahead. Do a search for "soda cards" here, the price ranges will pop up. The only price I'm familiar with is for a 7 day sailing, it runs about $45 for adults.

Thanks for the help.

The bottomless beverage package is $6.00 a day plus gratuities. So for example if you have a 7 day cruise it would be $42.00 plus gratuities. The soda package is well worth it because if you buy it by the can it is like $2.50 each

How much are juices if you purchase them without the card.

I didn't see any juices listed on the bar menu. They have orange, tomato, apple, and grapefruit juice available anytime from room service with no charge except delivery tip. This could be convenient if you're mixing a drink in your cabin. Also, juice is available in the mornings at the Lido deck buffet.

The Carnival tumbler is $6.99 if your purchase the soda package

I have a few questions as we will be taking our 1st Carnival Cruise in July:

If you purchase the Carnival Tumbler and the soda package, do you just hand them the tumbler each time or do you still need to produce the card? Also, how big is the tumbler and is is insulated like a Tervis Tumbler? Just wondering if I should purchase Tervis Tumblers for our 3 children and bring them with us.

Thanks in advance!

Denise

I have a few questions as we will be taking our 1st Carnival Cruise in July:

If you purchase the Carnival Tumbler and the soda package, do you just hand them the tumbler each time or do you still need to produce the card? Also, how big is the tumbler and is is insulated like a Tervis Tumbler? Just wondering if I should purchase Tervis Tumblers for our 3 children and bring them with us.

Thanks in advance!

Denise

You usually have to show your card each time although at the Lido pool bar there was a really cool bartender who just refilled DD's tumbler for her and never asked to see her card. He always had a popcorn ready for her for movie nights too.

The tumblers you buy with the soda package are pretty nice (and of course DD HAD to have one)...we packed 2 Tervis tumblers and used them maybe 1 time. Was a waste of packing space to bring them.

The Carnival cups are around 16 oz I think...a good size.

Edited by tassycatt

How much are juices if you purchase them without the card.

I don't know. I'd guess similar to a soda, so around $2? As indicated, you can get some from room service.

So if I plan to get "bottomless bubbles" for my boys, wait? And that saves tax? Good idea!

Yes, but it can be a bit of a trade off. If you board at noon, that could amount to 5 hours (or a few sodas). I guess in the worst case (San Juan?) you don't leave until night time so you would go through dinner w/o the card.

Interesting. I was going to say "nope" but the FAQ actually says they are 16oz glasses. I wonder if this has changed recently? Our experience, as recently as Nov, is that you get maybe 2/3rds of a can in a glass with ice. (You need the ice because the can aren't kept cold). Would be great if they started using 16oz glasses, meaning you'd get a whole... mostly because if you want anything other than coke/diet, the 1/2 can may already be flat.

One note though: in the atrium bar & MDR they will always give you the full sized glass. I think mostly because they don't have the plastic pool-side 'glasses'.

Juice near pool side is given in the 10oz (or whatever) glass, but in the atrium bar it's in a smaller (high ball?) glass. But, you get ask for it w/o ice since the juices are kept cold. Otherwise you get about 4oz of juice and may as well sit at the bar to get a couple more. ;)

Does Carnival sell the soda sticker throughout the cruise (other than day 1)? If so, I would suggest waiting until the 2nd day (or after midnight on the 1st) to purchase. If you wait until the ship sets sail to save on tax (which is what I would do), you would be paying $4.50/$6 for only a partial day. You'd get more of your money's worth by waiting until the AM of day 2. That is, if you can restrain yourself from having a soda the first day. Or bring a few to get you through until you purchase the sticker. :)

You usually have to show your card each time although at the Lido pool bar there was a really cool bartender who just refilled DD's tumbler for her and never asked to see her card. He always had a popcorn ready for her for movie nights too.

The tumblers you buy with the soda package are pretty nice (and of course DD HAD to have one)...we packed 2 Tervis tumblers and used them maybe 1 time. Was a waste of packing space to bring them.

Thanks for your response. I think we will just get each of the kids the tumbler with the soda package. That way they will have a souvenir!

Can someone please tell me how much these cost? & how much if I buy soda by the glass. Do they give you a whole can? I basically only drink soda at dinner & need to know which is the cheaper option. Thanks!!!

If you are only going to drink them at dinner then just bring on your own 12 pack and bring it to the dining room. They will give you a glass with ice if you ask.

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased the Carnival cup a few cruises ago and just bring it with me every time and then purchase the Soda Card. They will fill it up for you at the bar. Some bars told me to drink a little and then they poured the rest of the can in. You can also get Club soda/Seltzer if you just feel like drinking water. I have used it for cranberry juice with no problem and have also mixed the cranberry juice with the iced tea.

Some waiters get to know you and that you have the card and you don't have to show it every time.

Does anyone know if you can just buy the tumblers?

We usually bring some pop on board with us and it is usually more than enough as we do not let them drink that much pop. One a day is plenty for them :)

But the tumblers look like great little souveniers! Can we buy one without the pop card?