Best NCL Mediterranian Port Cruise Excursions

karpookie

Please post the best NCL Epic Naples, Cannes, Barcelona, Palmas Majorca, Florence and Rome excursions.

Thanks so much!

I DIY in all the ports that you have listed. It all depends on your comfort level.

Naples = Pompeii

Cannes = boardwalk & film festival area

Barcelona = Sagrada Familia & Las Ramblas

Palma Mallorca = cathedral, museum and arts crafts market

Florence = the David, Uffizi

Rome = pre-booking skip the line

The only one that I considered using the ships excursion was Florence as it is a couple of hours away from Livorno. If Rome is a port day, book a ships excursion as it’s also a ways from the port.

I only took 1 NCL tour my last cruise. It was in Cannes and was where you went to Monaco and Monte Carlo and had a walking tour in each and then over an hour and a half in each location. It was one of my favorite tours as both Monaco and Monte Carlo were so impressive!

I DIY in all the ports that you have listed. It all depends on your comfort level.

Naples = Pompeii

Cannes = boardwalk & film festival area

Barcelona = Sagrada Familia & Las Ramblas

Palma Mallorca = cathedral, museum and arts crafts market

Florence = the David, Uffizi

Rome = pre-booking skip the line

The only one that I considered using the ships excursion was Florence as it is a couple of hours away from Livorno. If Rome is a port day, book a ships excursion as it’s also a ways from the port.

So did you take a taxi to each place? In Barcelona, can you easily get to those places? Have you seen Tuscany at all? Thanks sooo much for all your help. I appreciate it!

I only took 1 NCL tour my last cruise. It was in Cannes and was where you went to Monaco and Monte Carlo and had a walking tour in each and then over an hour and a half in each location. It was one of my favorite tours as both Monaco and Monte Carlo were so impressive!

What did you do in Florence? How about in Barcelona? Is it easy to just taxi to these places? Thanks so much.

Best NCL shore excursions is a contradiction to me

we always book private tours at much less cost

yes many Med ports it's easy to DIY but husband has walking difficulties so getting close to sites in car/minivan is essential

if you head over to the Europe ports of call forum there is lots of info on your options

JOin your roll call you might be able to join in with others who are arraigning private tours and need to fill a van. These tours are your best bet, they will be cheaper than the ship tours with the advantage of only having up to 16 people.

OP you really really need to do your homework, what do you want to see?

For Pompeii and Herculaneum you can do this on your own with the train. For Herculaneum the stop is Ercolano and you can walk to the ruins from the station.

You will get a lot of information on the EUROPE forums, since this is a big trip you really need to decide what you want to see and go from there.