gratuity question

Sorry for asking this.. I'm sure the answer is already out there somewhere, but when I tried to search for it, there are SOO many gratuity posts that it was hard to look through them all.

Is the automatic gratuity per day or per night? The website says a gratuity of $13.50 is added daily. So, for a 7-night cruise, is that $13.50 X 7 = $94.50/person? Or if it truly added daily, then there are 8 days on the cruise. If so, then it would be $13.50 X 8= $108/person.

I've always prepaid gratuities before, so I never really paid attention. But, this time, I'm paying onboard and I want to plan ahead.

Sorry for asking this.. I'm sure the answer is already out there somewhere, but when I tried to search for it, there are SOO many gratuity posts that it was hard to look through them all.

Is the automatic gratuity per day or per night? The website says a gratuity of $13.50 is added daily. So, for a 7-night cruise, is that $13.50 X 7 = $94.50/person? Or if it truly added daily, then there are 8 days on the cruise. If so, then it would be $13.50 X 8= $108/person.

I've always prepaid gratuities before, so I never really paid attention. But, this time, I'm paying onboard and I want to plan ahead.

A cruise that starts on saturday and ends on Saturday might be 8 calender . Disembarkation day doesn't count as part of the cruise. Most cruises are sold as the number of nights not days.