Horseback riding/Runaway Beach Antigua

seajayg

I am thinking of doing the Carnival excursion horseback riding with my DD's which I understand ends on Runaway beach and then you are transported back to the ship. DH is not interested in this excursion but would like to meet us at the beach. Is there a place ie restaurant /bar there that would be an easy meeting place? Also how much will the cab fare be back to the ship and how long is the drive? Thank you in advance

I hope that this answer will help and not confuse you because I think I may have made this sound more confusing than it is.:oWhen we were there a couple of years ago there was a snack bar type of place at the end of the beach closest to Ft. James beach. The easiest way to think about it would be to think about Ft. James beach being the nearest to the cruise dock and then Runaway and then Dickinson. The end closest to Ft. James beach is where the ships tours went and that was by far the busiest section of Runaway beach.

We drove and we parked up at the section of the beach that was closer to Dickinson bay beach. You should not have a problem finding each other at runaway beach. I think it would be a 12-15 minute taxi ride. I have never taken a taxi in Antigua so I do not have any idea about the cost.

Karysa

We went to Runaway Bay on our cruise last month. We saw the horse riders come down towards where we were sitting. There is a bar and restaurant on Runaway where you could meet your husband.

Do you know if the horse riders were through an excursion or was there a place to just walk up and pay to ride? We'd like to spend some time at the beach, the horse back riding excursions don't allow for that. Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to know this too. From what I have read on these boards it sounds like you can go on your own and walk up and pay to ride but would really like to confirm this before we are there at the end of the month.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• 8 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...