Fuel Supplement?

doris1930

I think the cruise lines are trying their best not to use the fuel surcharge as it will drive away business and really upset customers who have booked in advance. I keep waiting till last minute before deciding on any cruise as I don't want any extra surcharges to suddenly be added.

I think you will see an increase in the base price of a cruise before implementing a fuel supplement again. I know the last time they did charge a fuel supplement it caused a lot of headaches as well as cancellations.

While there is no guarantee, I believe the cruise lines will implement a fuel supplement charge but only after raising prices. Who knows where the cost of fuel is going.........if oil hits $150 a barrel, all bets are off.

Related........can you imagine airfare costs once the price of jet fuel goes up? It will be interesting.

I think the cruise lines are trying their best not to use the fuel surcharge as it will drive away business and really upset customers who have booked in advance. I keep waiting till last minute before deciding on any cruise as I don't want any extra surcharges to suddenly be added.

Even that won't work, because in small print it says they can charge even if paid in full.

I do believe you are right about them not wanting to drive away business but price of oil, does not look good.

Our gas is now $4.15 for regular, so likely will be $5 because CA. must shut down refineries and go to summer formula.

Thanks for reply.

Archived